Chapter 5

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

~Catherine Linton,
Wuthering heights

~Catherine Linton,Wuthering heights

.................................................................

Sharp talons of darkness held them in a vice like grip, squeezing them tightly till they felt their bones getting crushed.

Panicked and breathless, they opened their mouths instinctively and the salt water lunged at the opportunity filling their lungs, choking them and gagging them.

Their eyes stung, blinded by the foamy water and sharp sand particles as they were roughed around in the wild tide.

Every cell in their body was fighting to remain concious as their feet made feeble attempts to stake a hold on the ground. The sea however, was too cruel, too punishing.

In all this Daniyal; knew nothing except for the fact that he held his life in his hands, quite literally.

His grip around Madiha tightened, though the force of the water did its level best to yank them apart, he held on.

Yet his muscles began to ache from the lack of oxygen, and his grip slackened.

Something crashed against his elbow, or his elbow crashed against it perhaps, sending waves of searing pain up his arm.

Just as his fingers were about to let go, nature took pity on their state.

Brutally spitting them upon the shore, the water finally receeded and Daniyal opened his mouth coughing out.

He wheezed harshly, body trembling, eyes burning, and his senses numbed. He tried sitting up but wincing, fell flat onto his back, the only sensation that remained prominent was his fingers feebly holding on to Madiha's.
......

"Daniyal!!!"

"Madihaa!!!"

"Uff Allah!!!!!"

"Madiha!!"

"Sh*t Man!!! Get help!!"

"Allah!! Daniyaal!! Madihaa!!"

"Help them!!"

....

A myriad of tensed, screaming voices floated their way and he barely groaned in response.

He knew well the loudest screaming was his sister's.

Soon he felt her warm fingers touch his neck taking his pulse and another manly voice called out, "We need to pump their chests, pani chala gaya haai, usko sans nhi aa raha!"

(We need to pump their chest, it's filled with water, they can't breathe!)

"Madiha kyun nhi uth rhi?!" he heard Daneen cry.