Chapter 28

"Dard main bhi yeh lab..

Muskuraa jatey hain.
Beetey lamhey humain
jab bhi yaad atey hain..

Dard main.."

__________________________________

".. And if we continue on this rate.. I'm sure by the end of the year we'll have a basic structure to present. Keeping the details of the presentation in mind, I understand a lot of this will be more complicated to follow through on the actual site but that said, we are to give our best and I believe we can do it if we work together as a team. Thank you."

Daniyal placed his phone down on the wooden table and picked up the water bottle inhaling the liquid rather than drinking it. A solid throbbing was becoming more prominent in his temples though it had been only half the day.

But no matter what happened, he always tried to keep his professional face on while in the office in front of the board but it was becoming harder and harder by the minute.

A senior board member, one of the many he was presenting in front of for the Virk's project they started working on, cleared his throat straightening in his chair and placed his pen down ready to give his feed back.

Daniyal wiped his chin with the back of his hand, placed the bottle down and came back to the center of the room. His heart still beat loud in his ears and his breathing was still a little rushed, just an after math of speaking in a room full of middle aged men and women who stare at you with eyes drilling holes into your head.

"A word mister Khurram.." Said Mr. Zahid Arbab, getting his attention.

"Yes, sir please." Daniyal nodded standing straight with his hands behind his back.

"Ek.. toh.. yeh jo aap log haanth main phone pakr ke present kartey hain... yeh.." He made an annoyed face scrunching his slightly crooked nose, lips pulled in a distasteful frown, "It really doesn't give a good impression. I mean.. " He shook his head feigning disappointment looking at the faces of other members.

Some began nodding while others were a little reluctant.

Gritting his teeth Daniyal fisted his hands at the back looking at the taunting expression on Mr. Arbab's face.

What was with these senior members wanting to point out minor things and ridiculing him just because they believed he was too young for his age to take one such a big project, to sit among them and present his ideas.

"Isko rakh ker present kertey naa... You would have had more of an impact," He continued in a patronising tone of voice, "You--"

Daniyal sighed, "Sir, main itni sari technical details memorise toh nhi kar sakta thaa naa. Aap presenta--"