Bonus #1

"Uff Allah!!!!!"

The family in the living room had an 'Eeeep!' moment just as the sound of that feminine voice was registered.

At lightening speed they tumbled down from their positions on the sofa- both human-sofa and actual sofa- Daniyal, Zayyan and Hoorain scrambled to right up the mess that was their day den around them.

7 year old Zayyan quickly grabbed the empty wrappers of Lay's and the boxes of Pringles stuffing them under his arm while the 5 year old Hoorain picked up the cushions littering the floor trying to put them on to it's place.

Sir Daniyal Khurram, father of the chubby potatoes and laziest of them all stood by their side holding his 1 year old Fahmeen on his shoulders and snapping his fingers as he pumped the working elves with words like,

"Jaldi! Jaldi!! Hoor woh wala cushion bhi uthaou!"

"Zayyu! Woh dekho table ke nichey wrapper hai! Sofey main ghusaa do jaldiii! "

"Daniyal??!"

They all fell with a bounce on to their previous positions, Daniyal laid on the Sofa, Fahmeen sitting atop his chest. Hoorain sat by his feet and Zayyan settled on the carpet with his back to the sofa.

Humming in their mouths they acted like the most civil of families pretending to watch a random National Geographic documentary that was playing on the TV, the lounge around them somewhat cleaned up.

It still wasn't clean enough for the sharp honey-browns of Lawyer Madiha Daniyal.

"Kya haal banaya hua hai ghar kaa tum logon ne!"

The hands on the hip stance is a serious UH-OH mode.

"Assalamualaikum Mama.." Zayyan the biggest supporter and Mama's boy stood up running to his mother and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Hoorain and Fahmeen following their father's lead stood up as he did. Clearing their throats because he did. Then scratching their necks too because.... He did.

..

"Jaldi free nhi hon gayi aap?" Daniyal placed Baby Fahmeen on to his shoulders and smiled at Madiha to divert her attention from the apparent mess and also from the inapparent-wrappers stuffed in the middle of the sofa lining and under the cushions-mess.

"Hmmm! Tum log toh yahi chahte they main puraa din bahir rahun or yahan azaadi se ghar ka kabara nikalne ko mil jaye.."

"Eh.." he cringed looking away.

"Kitchen main kyaa tabahi machayi hai yeh?" She pointed outwards to the kitchen.

"Tabahi nhi.. Baba ne noodles banaya thaa.." Zayyan muttered.

Daniyal showed his teeth then closed his mouth when Madiha didn't smile back.

"Toh saaf nhi karna tha phir sauce pan uskey baad? Or bahir lobby wala mat yahan kyun aya hai?"

"Woh zyada fluffy naa.." Hoorain piped in.

Madiha huffed.

Then her eyes fell to the sofa.

*Gasp!!*

"Orr yehhh kyaa haiii!"

The family closed their eyes guiltily as their dirty secrets were revealed.

One by one she pulled out the wrappers from in between the sofa lining, from behind the cushions, from under the sofa.

Oooooh they were in so much trouble.

"Had ho gayi yarr!!! Itna sara junk food!! Main purey mahine ke liye laati hun yeh saman or tum log ek Sunday main khatam kar lete ho! Yeh koi baat hoti hai! Tum log ko koi khayal ni apni sehat kaa sab khayal main karun?!"