Chapter 26

There are a hundred trillion cells in the human body, and every single one of the cells of my body loves you.

We shed cells, and grow new ones, and my new cells love you more than the old ones, which is why I love you more every day than I did the day before.

It's science.

And when I die and they burn my body and I become ashes that mix with the air, and part of the ground and the trees and the stars, everyone who breathes that air or sees the flowers that grow out of the ground or looks up at the stars will remember you and love you, because I love you that much.

~Clarissa Fairchild

The City of Heavenly Fire

***

"You didn't have to be so rude waisey.."

"I didn't ask him to be a hero for me. I had everything under control. Woh waisey bhi help karne nhi aya thaa shokhi maar raha thaa apni Sarah ke agey..." Rania folded her arms huffing at Maidaa's reprimand.

Maidaa coughed in her fist and shook her head knowing there was no use arguing with Rania at that moment, specially where Taimoor Awan was concerned.

"Sab okay?"

They looked up to see Usama coming to them. Maidaa sucked in a deep breath sighing and Rania nodded offering him a small smile. Her eyes fell on to Madiha, Daniyal walking hand in hand behind Arsam and Omer. Rania shuffled forward with an apologetic expression.

"Guys..I'm so sorry yaar, app log ka trip meri waja se--"

"Chup karo!" Daniyal smacked the side of her head lightly cutting her apology in the middle, the group gave a light laugh, "kuch kharab nhi hua. Main toh chahta thaa hadiyan tooteyn uski..sahi shamat--"

The guys and Maidaa nodded, Rania cringed and Madiha pulled Daniyal back,

"Chalo bss naa.."

And she speaks!

He looked down, lips pulled in a sly smile. Madiha ignored him stepping forward to wrap an arm around Rania's shoulders reassuring her that she was having fun.

No lie there she actually was.

A bit too much fun.

Hidden corners and dark shadows fun.

Not so innocent, and less than decent yet undoubtedly pleasurable fun.

Daniyal cleared his throat dropping his head and kicking the dirt beneath his feet, lips pursed tight as if he would just burst laughing any moment. Madiha glanced up once and his eyes practically shone with glee. She looked away hastily walking ahead with the girls, the action making him snort.