Chapter 20

"I want this more than I've ever wanted anything. I want everything with you," he said.

"I want all of it with you. I want you. I want this forever."

~Ocean.

A Very Large Expanse of Sea
By Tahereh Mafi

A Very Large Expanse of SeaBy Tahereh Mafi

................................................................

"Acha no worries... Tum mat aou phir, I'll manage."

"How will you get home?"

"Main Daniyal se poochti hun.. Maybe he'll drop me.."

"Acha, phir pooch ke batao mujhe abhi." Asim said and Zeeniya cut the call turning around only to get startled by the figure leaning against the wall of the adjoining guest room.

She dropped her hands exasperated and mouthed, 'WHAT?'

He pursed his lips and shrugged not moving from his position.

Zeeniya rolled her eyes knowing his only intent was to annoy her and stepped forward to walk out the door.

He locked his jaw to keep from guffawing and turned to follow her out as she passed him.

..

Two steps ahead of him and Zeeniya whirled around, face puffed up as her nostrils flared.

"Whatt??!" She yelled thoroughly done, and Nile folded his lips then cleared his throat shrugging again.

"Then why are you following me??" She voiced irritated.

"I am just walking out of an empty room.."

"Where you came in after me! So why did you follow me there, in the first place?" Zeeniya frowned huffing.

"Woh maine ajeeb awazen suni thin.. Room ki direction se... So curiosity." he explained with a straight face.

"Ajeeb awaazen??" She repeated dryly, brows rising.

"Hmm." Nile nodded pulling his lips downward, "Sounded like a dying cat... Mew meew meow.."

Zeeniya gritted her teeth and her fingers fisted knowing he was making fun of her voice.

"You get?" He asked as if having the most normal conversation.

The fist landed straight in his unguarded abdomen and Nile let out an 'Ooof!'

Zeeniya grimaced, not ready to acknowledge the hard muscles she felt.

"Physical abuse?!! Yeh seekha hai tumne psychology main??!" He cried appalled before Zeeniya could walk away.