One

Hyunjin sat at his normal seat. The cliche kind where he's at the back, next to the window. He can't help but think to himself how he's such a main character. Brains and beauty combined into one. The school prince, he can't help but be prideful. If he was a cartoon character, his nose would immediately get longer and pointy, feeling haughty to boast.

Felix, his best friend, interrupts his thoughts as if he can read his mind.

"Dude, you need to stop your webcomic drama imagination and face reality. You're not cha eun woo."

Hyunjin only tucks his long hair on to his ear and scoffs. Why can't he just have a peaceful day of him living in his kdrama/manhwa-esc filled mind? He grumbles, "shut up Yongbok."

Felix only laughs at his response and continues to bother him. Talking about the new game he was playing and was totally a god at it. No, he didn't stay up all night learning how to master it because he sucked on the first try. Absolutely not.

As the blonde continues to chatter, hyunjin pretends to not be interested. Although the keen on his eyes tell otherwise. It's hard having to faux fascination when felix is talking. He just has that bubbly grip on anyone he speaks to. And how his eyes shine like a child on Christmas Eve. Or how his face scrunches up in excitement.

He goes back to reality when felix stops talking and their homeroom teacher comes in. Faint creaking of chairs and students voices dying down filled the room. The class immediately stand and raise their faces up front.

Their homeroom teacher then says her greetings and waits for a response. As if on queue, all the 3rd years speak in sync, as they reply a "good morning miss."

The teacher lets them sit and they remain silent.

"Class, as of next week, you will have a new classmate. Mr hwang, as you are the student representative, please take one of the extra seats in the old classrooms at wing B during your free time. Make sure to have it before next monday."

Hyunjin replies a small "yes miss" and mentally frowns. He hates going to wing B. It was creepy and most of the lights there were broken and the windows closed and covered. It was like something straight out of a horror movie. He feels shivers down his spine just thinking about it. But he guesses that's what he gets for volunteering as the class representative. The raven head sighs quietly and lets the day let on.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was the end of classes for the day and Felix was excited to have hyunjin come over and play his new game.

They head to the convenient store close to his house to get some snacks and drinks. Usually, if either one of them go to each other's house, they'd most likely spend it together all night. Since they live only a couple blocks from each other, it was normal to stay over. That's mostly likely how they even got close.

It was 2 years ago when felix's family moved to South Korea. Having no knowledge of the language and only knowing basic words, he was pretty much foreign to his home country. And since it was his first year of highschool, he needed to have at least one friend to help him familiarise everything surrounding him. But to his dismay, learning both the language and academics, he was surely stacked with things to do. It was all completely overwhelming. Felix still wonders how he even came to cope with it without hyunjin.

Speaking of the raven head, it was a little over a month when he started approaching Felix. Everyday for the past month, they'd see each other walk towards school. In which they deducted that they live close by each other. Felix was too shy, so he only continued to walk. Hyunjin on the the other hand, was interested but thinking since Felix turned away, he might not be as interested as him.

It was a particular day where Felix was stumbling on his steps because of the overwhelmingly sudden transition of lifestyle that when he almost fell, Hyunjin managed to catch him. He mutters a broken reply of apologies for causing Hyunjin trouble, but the taller only affirms that it was alright.

There, hyunjin takes it into himself that Felix needed the help. So, for the rest of the day, he tries his best to rack his brain of all the english words he knows just to talk to him and make sure he was okay.

Before they knew it, they finished their first year. It all felt long, but short at the same time. Within just 10 months, they managed to get closer to the point of calling each other best friends.

They both supported one another, and helped the other when they were having a hard time. Felix wouldn't trade a second of being with Hyunjin, because he meant a lot to him. Someone he can truly call a friend.

He smiled to himself, letting the memories pass by his mind. Hyunjin notices and elbows him, laughing when Felix jolts in surprise. They get to Felix's house and take of their shoes. They settle in front of the tv, bags thrown on the couch the floor and snacks dumped on the coffee table, and immediately play the game. Spending the the evening having fun and being together.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello! This is my first story so i'm really new to this. I hope you enjoyed reading and hopefully stick with me for this ride. Have a pleasant day/afternoon/night. Lots of love~

-chrysa