Ten

The holiday break ended and just like that, school is back. Hyunjin sighs, he wishes he didn't have to go through the cycle all over again, he'd much prefer to sleep late, wake up noon, and spend the rest of it either binging dramas or painting. His room was filled with canvases of different sizes and dates. His older work, which he cringes at to be honest, but at the time he made it, he was extremely proud. So it sits up his bedroom door proudly.

Anyway, school is inevitable for someone his age, and rather than continue to sulk, he might as well prepare for it. Now, Hyunjin wasn't exactly stuck up. Nor was he a trouble maker. He was the class' student representative for goodness sake. But! He's not that excellent in grades, and he was above average in performance. But he /is/ reliable and tries his best in everything. Also, he's the school prince and 'i mean, come on, that's one hell of a title' hyunjin boasts haughtily.

He buttons up his uniform, which he likes to layer over sweaters and cardigans because comfy plus style is equals to perfect highschool drama boi. Hyunjin already has multiple scenarios in his head on how he can be that main character.

Enough of that, he reminds himself. "Focus Hwang Hyunjin. What would Felix say?" His mind instantly comes to his best friend, already thinking of the younger's comments.

Speaking of the young blonde, it's been a hot minute since it was just the two of them. Ever since Jisung's arrival, they have both been hanging out with the mochi boy. Don't get him wrong, he loves spending time with the brunette, but he loves spending time with Felix just as much. So, maybe Hyunjin could get Felix and him to have a sleepover just like old times.

He treads lightly to school, in no rush to get there since he's normally on time and Felix has already awoken from the text he received a little while ago. Jisung must've already been there, same as Seungmin.

Decidedly finding the walk boring, Hyunjin takes out his airpods he always carries, and plops them on for some music. His tastes were a lot diffrent from his friends. Sure he enjoys mainstream or his favourite kpop group, got7, but he tends to listen to more k-indie or indie pop for more casual listens.

He settles with "alone" by cosmic boy, and stars his day with it. It's the perfect chill song for the chill day. He wonders if his friends are wearing comfortable clothes. The days are getting colder and colder, so it's best to have warm clothing on. The school's issued warm uniform were too tacky to wear and most students opt not to use them. As expected, it was best that Hyunjin always has a spare cardigan in his backpack. For him, or his friends, he wouldn't mind.

Before no time, he reaches the school gates. The wind was blowing especially hard, he wonders if that's a sign, but decidedly ignores it. The trees' leaves are starting to colour in shades of auburn. It's pretty, Hyunjin notes. He takes out his phone from his pocket, and takes a picture of the scenery. A perfect reference for a future painting. Just the though excites him.

"Hyun!" He hears someone calling out to him from behind. This makes Hyunjin turn his back, and he sees the very boy he wanted to hang out with.

"Felix."

"Yeah, man, it's me. Or have you already forgotten? Cmon, it's only been three days" the shorter chuckles and wraps his arm on Hyunjin's shoulder. Hyunjin wasn't that tall, but for Felix he was, and he could see the boy tiptoeing a bit. It's cute that it makes Hyunjin smile.

"Nah, i just couldn't see you in my peripheral," he laughs.

"You! I'm not that short!" Felix turns red in embarrassment.

"Tell that to your feet trying their best to reach me"

This makes Felix even more embarrassed so he parts from Hyunjin and crosses his arm, salty. This only supports Hyunjin's statement and he laughs.