Seven

It was oddly quick how Jisung blended in. It had been a month, the mochi-like boy finally getting used to the new city and has balanced his workload in school. He also got closer with Hyunjin and Felix. Both of which were just as happy that he was now a part of their friendship.

Along the way, he met Seungmin. A fellow student in the same grade but different class. He was much busier than the three as he was in the student council but he occasionally joins them during lunch our after school hangouts. At first, he was a bit closed off to Jisung. Much preferring to be with the company of his close friends. But he eventually, he opened up to him, not resisting the boy's funny and warming personality.

It's Saturday and Jisung was up and showered. He made plans with his new friends to go to the movies. Wanting to watch the new released Avengers movie they've been hyped for weeks. Checking his outfit in the mirror one last time, hoping he didn't look too formal with his very limited wardrobe (he really needed to shop for some more clothes. Maybe he could ask hyunjin for help as he was the fashionista of the four) and opted for a more casual attire.

A good thumbs up from his older brother passing by him was all it took for an affirming opinion. He sets out with nicely double knotted sneakers, which he learned from Felix and developed it as a habit as well, and walks to the train station they were meeting at.

Jisung arrives early, sparing a few minutes from their decided time. He thinks, he might as well buy the others drinks while he waits. He trudges quickly to the nearest cafe, having his friends' favourite orders in his mind on repeat in hopes he doesn't forget. By the time he has all four beverages, an iced americano for him and Hyunjin, an iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel for Felix, and an iced green tea with boba for Seungmin. Jisung must've miscounted his hands because last he knew, he had two, and actually still does so now how was he going to carry four drinks? He checks his phone and sees multiple messages asking where he was, and in a fit, carries four cold cups in his still two hands very messily.

It did not end well, that's for sure.

He drops one of the cups and in sheer panic, grabs it in mid air, only to miss by a millisecond and burst it open with his fist instead. Surprised by the sudden burst of liquid, he squeezes another cup that was tucked in between his chest and right arm that quickly gets him wet. And like the series of unfortunate events, it doesn't stop there. He manages to trip on the way to a seat where he thought he could put the surviving cups on but one flew into the air and turning in a picture-esc way to gracefully land down his head and the other, drops to the ground by gravity and splashes the rest of it's insides in Jisung's face. Needless to say, he was not having a great time.

He gets to the front of the train station drenched and cold. Smelling both coffee and green tea and sticky because of the caramel. 'Stupid extra caramel' he grumbles internally.

The three who were already there look at him in shock. In worry, Seungmin pulls out a handkerchief to help dry Jisung, but Hyunjin and Felix started laughing, finding joy in Jisung's misfortune.

"Pft— Jisung! What the hell man, did you shower coffee for the morning or something?" Felix laughs hysterically between words.

"No. But I might as well have with how stupid the world is making me look right now."

"No, no— there obviously was an earthquake in the cafe he was near at and accidentally dumped all their drinks on him like a magnet!" Hyunjin not helping and decidedly laugh more.

"Yah! You two shut up and help me clean him up. He's obviously had it rough enough." Seungmin, being the only sensible one, scolds the two laughing idiots in favour of Jisung.

It seemed to have worked because they stop laughing, altho still spout out little jokes here and there while wiping him with their own handkerchiefs.

"What even happened to you? How did you end up draining all of Korea's coffee for a bath with it?" Seungmin asks, triggering Hyunjin and Felix to laugh again. Jisung pouts.

"My dumbass wanted to buy you guys drink and i guess i just forgot that i only had two hands as opposed to four," he sighs "i'm sorry I didn't get it to give it to you but instead drenched myself with it" Jisung's frown only goes deeper.

The three look at each other for a second.

"Dude, how are you real? You're sorry that you didn't get to give us the drinks we didn't even ask you for and still not blame us like any other person?" Felix asks, flabbergasted.

"Well, yeah, it's just as you said. You guys didn't ask me for it so why would i blame you?" The mochi boy tilts his head, confused why he would blame them for his fault.

"Sungie you precious little human! I could hug you with how cute you are!" Hyunjin chimes, although saying that he wouldn't because he was covered in coffee under his breath.

"You're really sweet Ji, and it's okay. We don't hold you against not giving us drinks for what happened so there's nothing to be sorry for. The thought is enough."

"Yeah, Sung, thanks for buying us coffee you lil dumb dumb." Felix pats his wet hair as Hyunjin only nods enthusiastically. "Cmon, squirrel, let's get you home and changed."

"But the movie! You guys waited for it for weeks. I'll go home on my own!"

"Sungie how can we leave you alone when you're like this? You're our friend, forget the movie, we can watch it another time."

"Yeah, ji, let's just chill at your house today. I'm sure you won't need an outing after what happened"

Seungmin was right. Right now, Jisung was tired and just wants to stay home. He smiles, glad that his friends were so understanding. So, they went to the direction of Jisung's house. The three, already familiar with his home, decided to plop on the couch and put netflix on. Jisung get's his well deserved shower (not even an hour before his last one) and changes into more comfortable and dry clothes.

The rest of the day was fun. It wasn't what he'd hoped for because of his different plans, but he still got to spend it with his friends. Jisung thinks, it was probably more enjoyable since they got to do some other stuff like ruining his kitchen. With Hyunjin being chaotic with the ingredients thus Felix getting angry with the mess and Jisung being a clueless klutz as seungmin films them in enjoyment.

When the kitchen was more like a post-war battle field, they headed to the backyard where they filled up balloons with water and threw them at each other. It's as if getting drenched once that day wasn't enough, he get's himself drenched again because he was so bad at throwing the water balloons and became the easy target.

By the time his mom came back home that day, she finds the carnage of their deeds and was absolutely fuming with anger at how the kitchen wasn't even a kitchen anymore and the four boys were wet from the shoes down and scolded them for their antics. Jisung especially and still had an earful when the three went home and it was dinner time.

He still doesn't regret it though. As he finishes his shower for the third time that day and he's in his comfy pajamas, he lays down on his bed and lets the exhaustion overtake him. Today was fun. Nice. And he wouldn't trade it for the world.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I know, i know, there isn't much hyunsunglix here but in my defence, i had to at least introduce another character. And yes, seungmin will be that fourth-wheeler friend. Also!! Hyunlix call jisung "sungie" while seungmo calls him "ji".
But head to the next chapter cuz i already posted it! Woohoo for a double update!!!

-chrysa