Six

Jisung snuggled comfortably in his new room. He had just finished unpacking the first half of his luggage and he got too lazy to finish the other half. It was tomorrow Jisung's problem, so he settled in his bed, cuddling his favourite pig plushy named ggul-ggul. The events of today passed through his mind. At first, he was very anxious about the fact that he was moving to a a new school, and meet new people. It was scary, but he was extremely glad he got to meet Hyunjin first.

When the taller approached (or rather, bumped into) him, he was kind enough to show him his class, which luckily they were both there, and casually talked to Jisung. The squirrel-like boy can't help smile. Today was definitely eventful. From the times Hyunjin talked to him, with Feix introduced and comfortably conversed with him as well, until their small hangout.

It was like Jisung wasn't the new student, and that made him very grateful and glad. He closes his eyes, smile still on his lips, and drifts into dreamland.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next morning, Felix is greeted to his best friend shaking him to wake. "Pst! Lix, wake up! You'll be late again"

Felix, with all the braincells he could muster replies sassily "excuse me sir, I wasn't late. I didn't get held up by the prefects!"

"Yeah but you still missed homeroom. One more and i'm sure Ms. Kim'll put you in cleaning duty for a month."

With that, the freckles teenager rises and bounces off to the bathroom. Hyunjin snickers at his antics.

It took approximately 15 minutes for Felix to get ready to be up and running. Well actually, not running because he was sure yesterdays track course was a years worth already.

They both then headed to school together, backpacks strapped on and sneakers treading on the asphalt.

In the distance, Felix see's a familiar black bag with a bright yellow smiley face with x's for eyes printed on it. He thinks back, wondering where exactly he's seen such a backpack. Suddenly, he snaps his fingers, as if remembering.

"Hey Jisung!" The blonde slowly jogs up to him, unconsciously pulling Hyunjin along by the arm.

The mentioned boy turns around, and it indeed was the mochi-boy, Jisung. "Oh, hey Felix, Hyunjin!" He smiles brightly, happy that he was called. He thinks, in the back of his mind, that the three would get to walk to school together.

"You wanna walk with us to school?" Speak of the devil. Jisung's grin grows wide, "i'd be happy to!"

"You sure are buddy"

Hyunjin patts the boy's head, the glee exuding him is like an infection. Jisung slightly blushes, flustered to have Hyunjin touch his hair. The taller doesn't seem to think much of it as he already put his hand down and the three continue to walk.

'Don't be stupid Jisung! He was only being friendly'

Jisung looks up to the two best friends, trying to find out their reactions. Hyunjin is still smiling, seeming like the joy hasn't gone out yet. Felix on the other hand, had an unknown look in his eyes. He looked liked he wanted to say something, but decided against it.

Before no time, they reached the school gates brimming with students. They casually walk, just like everyone else. But, both Hyunjin and Felix notice that Jisung had his heads down.

The mochi boy seemed to be eyeing the ground and was clutching desperately at his backpack straps. Almost as if he was nervous. The two look at each other, worry written on their faces. And as if having a mental agreement, they try to lighten up the boy.

"Hey Jisung, how're you liking the school so far?"

"Huh? Oh— well it's fine so far. Definitely a lot more laid back then my previous schools"

"Wait, what? Laid back? Dude it's like, a lot harder than Australia"

"That's cuz you don't know Korean well dummy" Hyunjin snickers.

"Yah! I'm improving y'know!"

Jisung giggles at the two who were now fighting, and finds himself relaxing. The two notice and were glad that the boy wasn't so nervous anymore.

"Anyway Sungie! What was your previous school like if it was really hard? Oh wait- can i call you sungie?

"When i lived back in Malaysia, me and my family still moved a lot because of my dad's job so i went to a lot of schools. Most were international ones so it'd be easier for me to learn. Unfortunately though, they were usually private schools and they had stricter academics. It was okay honestly, I got used to it. But it's a nice change to have to be more relaxed. Oh, and also, yeah you can call me sungie" Jisung smiles brightly after talking.

"Woah, so like, you find the lessons easy?"

"Well no, I'm not that smart. It's just the weight of work loaded unto me is a lot lighter."

"You just admitted you're smart"

"N-no i meant, uh, i-i meant that it's not easy but it's also not as h-hard"

"It's okay Sungie, we were just teasing" this time, it was Felix who patted Jisung's head. Finding the squirrel-like boy cute with his stuttering. The aforementioned pouted, not liking to be treated as a child.

"I'm not a kid! I'm older than you Lix!"

"By a day!"

The three laugh, continuing to talk over little things and enjoying their time together until class started. Hyunjin felt somewhat accomplished. To what? He didn't know. All he knew, was that the new transferee student has snuggled his way in between Felix and his and has comfortably settled. Hyunjin didn't mind, he actually kind of liked it. Ignoring the fact that the said boy, Jisung, found a piece of his secret. But, that was a later Hyunjin's problem. For now, he has to focus on class.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I'm so sorry i took a month later to upload 😭 I probably won't be uploading frequently either 😖 i'll try my best tho and i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

-chrysa