Chapter 1

* 3 Months Earlier

I walked up to my ordinary house. I took a minute to stop and assess it. Just my living hell disguised as an average looking house. 

I took a deep breath before walking in. My father lay passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and prepared dinner. I set it on the table so that when he woke up it would be there, maybe then he would appreciate me.

Then again I had been making him dinner ever since my mom went to rehab, and he never once said thank you.

"Arrabella?" I heard him ask. (Are-uh-bella)

I turned and looked at him.

"You start school tomorrow," he reminded. I shrugged my shoulders.

He got up and I flinched back out of habit. 

"Calm down, I'm not going to waste my energy on you," he sleepily spat.

I nodded and then headed upstairs for the night.

I sighed as I thought about all the strange looks, and same questions I would be getting tomorrow.

I stopped talking when I was eight. That was nine years ago. I just stopped. Who just stops talking, well me, but I have my reasons. I wasn't being heard anyways.

My main mode of communication is through gestures and nonverbal communication. I only write in my diary. Otherwise I don't write, talk, or even laugh.

******************************

March, 3rd

Dear Diary,

Today is my first day of school, I'm a little nervous. I guess we'll see how it goes.

~Aria (are-ree-uh)

My alarm ripped me out of my deep sleep. It's six in the morning on my first day at the new school; great.

I pulled on some jeans and a simple pink hooded sweatshirt. I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I brushed my teeth and combed through my hair. My brown hair was straight and simple, besides who was I trying to impress anyways?

I walked on the path that my dad directed me to, and I was off.

I hope I can get through the day without getting noticed.

I walked up to the school and noticed a lot of eyes on me, I hate when people stare at me.

I kept walking and went straight to the office; it was a small school, so I don't think I should get lost.

I opened the door to the office and the lady behind the desk gave me a warm smile.

"Are you Arrabella?" she asked. I nodded and gave her a small smile.

"Well here is your schedule, don't stress about your first day just be yourself and I'm sure you will fit right in," she encouraged.

I nodded and then waved. She waved back and I went on a hunt for my locker.

"No, but I here there's a new girl so you better check her out," I heard someone demand.

"Hey I think that's her, I won't mind checking her out," he replied.

I don't think they knew that I could hear them, I also heard the first boy growl a no.

I put some of my stuff in my locker and then I turned around to head to English; my first class.

I walked in as sat by the window. I was one of the first one's in there so I sat down and started reading. 

"Twilight?" an amused voice said from beside me.