Chapter 26

Dear Diary,

I'm afraid I lost my voice.

I love talking and now it's once again been taken away from me.

I hope I find it soon...

~Aria

"Come in," Ty politely motioned.

My mom entered and we sat down in the living room. I saw Isaac was waiting in the car for her.

My mom looked the same but slightly older. She let her blonde hair grow out and it was to her rib cage now. Her green eyes mirrored mine and when she smiled she had dimples like me.

We sat down in the living room and I just stared at her not knowing what to do. Ty took my hand and squeezed it lightly assuring me everything is okay.

"I'm Tyson, Arrabella's boyfriend," Ty smiled.

"Boyfriend," my mom repeated while looking over at me.

"You sure have grown up to be beautiful Ella," my mom complimented.

I nodded and gave her my "what do you want" look.

"I know you aren't happy with me," she added.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and finally found my voice.

"I have every reason to be angry with you," I spat. The anger flowing through me like wild fire.

She seemed taken aback by my boldness.

"Ty can you give us a minute?" I asked.

"Of course," he smiled; he then left and went into the kitchen and out of sight. I know he could still hear us however.

"I picked Trevor because I thought I could come back and get you," she replied.

"But you never did," I stated.

"I was sent to rehab," she replied.

"You got out and you let him take me," I shot back.

"We had a no contact order," she reminded.

"You could have called the cops and got him for kidnapping," I shouted.

"Ella in rehab I signed my rights over to him," she whispered.

"You gave me away?" I asked in disbelief. 

"I had too, in order to get out sooner," she explained.

"Leave," I ordered.

"Ella listen I never stopped looking for you," she sobbed.

"You knew he abused me," I shouted.

"I didn't know what to do," she pleaded.

"Isaac hit me; he was so mean to me and now what you guys are living together?" I asked.

"Isaac is everything I wanted Trevor to be. That boy cares about you he was young and stupid but he has never touched another girl since that," she replied.

"I've had a shitty life until Tyson. I probably would have burned in that house if it wasn't for him making me live here. Ty helped me find my voice again," I stated.

"I think Tyson's a lovely young man," she commented.

"You and Isaac need to leave," I told her.

"Why?" she asked sounding hurt.

"I don't want to have everything I worked for to fall apart," I stated.

"It won't I just want to be back in your life," she begged. I looked at my mother's face, the women that brought me into this world. I don't know if I could reject her of that. I am after all her only child. I want my mother to be able to be a grandma to my children one day. I sighed and looked at her offering her a small smile.