why cant i take your pain away?

blood. that's all they saw right now. blood coming out of baji's shirt, blood coming out of baji's mouth and the only thing they thought, was they wish they were in a dream.

yn let out a shaky breath, their legs moving on their own to catch baji from falling onto  ground.

"b-baji.." yn croaked as they felt a hot burning sensation in their throat.

this wasn't suppose to happen.

takemichi said baji was gonna be fine.

so why was he in yn's arm, bleeding out?

"it's okay, it's okay.. it's gonna be okay." baji breathed out, giving a big smile to yn.

yn felt their eyes start to blur, tears threatening to come out.

"baji!" chifuyu screamed as he ran up them and knelt down next to yn. he was already sobbing, making yn tears fall down.

chifuyu turned to yn, another sob coming out of him. "yn.. yn can you do it please?"

yn knew what he was talking about and immediately placed their hand on baji's wound.

they felt nothing.

they were taking nothing away from him.

"what?" yn let out a confused cry.

they did it again, trying hard to take his pain.

yn cried harder. "i cant... i cant take your pain away?"

baji weakly smiled at them, his hand coming up to caress yn's cheek.

"it's because it doesn't hurt."

yn and chifuyu let out a loud cry. yn's forehead falling onto baji's head, shaky but loud sobs coming out of them.

"chifuyu and yn, it's okay... we're okay." baji said said shakily.

the rest of toman watching, with tears in their eyes at the interaction. takemichi crying, wondering what happened and why baji did it.

mikey busy beating up kazutora, the feeling of hurt and anger in him blinded him from seeing the state yn, chifuyu and baji are in right now.

yn, being the only person with this power, felt helpless, wondering why baji was the one dying and why they couldn't do anything to stop him from dying.

"yn.. take care of chifuyu for me.. toman and also take care of yourself for me okay n/n." baji grinned as tears were falling off his face.

"you're precious to me yn, always."

and with that, he took his last breathe, as yn felt his body turn cold.

____

AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAD THIS LIKE MINI ONESHOT ON MY MIND FOR A LONG TIME

told y'all i wanted to make things sad 🤫

OKAY LET ME EXPLAIN THIS CHAPTER

idk if you guys have seen teen wolf but SPOILERS this was inspired by this one scene in season 3 where the main character, scott, saw his first love, allison, get killed and since he's a werewolf, he has the ability to take pain say from people so he did but sadly allison didn't feel any and died.

so i was like "i wonder how this would be with baji.." bc for some reason that scene reminded me of baji.

BUT DONT WORRY this isn't like gonna follow the canon story of dreamers, it's just a one shot okay!! so baji is still alive in my book and will be alive 🤞 just wanted to try out this like whole concept where i make yn into a supernatural being bc im a sucker for that.

also n/n stands for nick name :)