Chapter 39

"Are you serious!? God. Yeah I'll keep a look out. We're almost in West Virginia so we aren't anywhere near him hopefully" Andreas's voice wakes me up. "Yes thank you- I hope the rest of it goes well. Call me again with updates please- have a great day boss" he says his goodbyes and I turn putting an arm around him.

He hangs up with a sigh and I sit up leaning forward to kiss him groggily. I knew it would make him happy and I didn't want him to be upset. As I thought he smiled into the kiss putting a hand on my lower back.

"Mmm morning kid" he murmurs and I nod giving him another peck. "Good morning" I answer putting my face into his neck. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask rubbing his shoulder.

"About?" He asks for more details and I sigh. "The phone call. What's going on?" I ask and he groans hugging me tighter. "I was hoping you wouldn't have heard any of that conversation" he grumbles and I move away from his neck cupping his face. "You don't need to tell me- I just want to make sure you're okay" I tell him rubbing my eyes attempting to rub the sleepiness away.

"Oh it's okay, I just didn't want to worry you about it all especially since you just woke up and it wasn't the best wake up either" he mumbles. "Were my kisses not good enough?" I pout and he chuckles giving me another peck. "Oh the kisses made it so much better" he puts an arm arm around me holding me close.

"So does this mean you're going to tell me?" I ask and he nods. "My boss was the one that called, he's reminding me that I'm still getting paid because of all of the liability crap" he starts and I nod just comforting him.

"Well after Lincoln was fired he was suppose to be taken by the police but apparently he realized he was going to jail and ditched so Lincoln is on the run... yup he's running from the police" he sighs and my eyes widen. "Wow I can't believe he was able to get away- he's always drunk" I choke out trying not to laugh at the thought. Andreas let's a small laugh slip before just hugging me again.

"They've got a little less than a month left on the project and then the building will be good enough for people" he laughs and I smile happy he was still in a happy mood.

"That's good, did they ever send you the pictures?" I ask and he nods getting his phone out to swipe through a few of them. "It's suppose to be like a huge nature observatory. There's the front building part. Which is like registration and signing in stuff like that. Back here is like all the glass see through stuff ya know" he explains extremely excited.

"It looks awesome" I admit and he nods now just looking at the pictures for himself. I yawn laying down on his lap. He smiles running his hand over my head. "Are you still tired?" He asks and I nod not sure I wanted to admit it.

"What time is it?" I ask turning into him my hand grabbing his other leg. He turns his phone back on making a cringe expression. "Five... fifty-four" he chuckles nervously and I groan.

"Old man- why" I whine and he gives me a pitied smile. "I'm sorry we can go back to bed now- I know we haven't had much sleep lately" he reminds me of the very late night drives- and the amount of 'energy boost' I have been giving him. He's very convincing. It's not fair.

"You're going to sleep too- right?" I ask and he nods smiling down at me. I sit up and let him get under the blanket again before cuddling up with him.

"What's going on with Duncan and Jessie?" I ask trying to make some sort of conversation. I wasn't going to be able to just go to sleep.

"They've been dating for almost two years now, but came out to the public a year ago" he tells me and I nod. "That's sweet- they seem like a cute couple" I mumble and he nods.

"We're cuter" he chuckles nuzzling closer to me. "Are we though. I feel like we are just idiots" i laugh and he nods. "Idiots are cute. I mean look at you" he hums and I gasp pretending to be hurt.

He chuckles as I turn onto my side running my hand through his hair. "You better sleep" I whisper my eyes fluttering shut as I continue to rub my fingers through his hair.

"Trust me I will" he whispered and I nod yawning again. "Do I get a kiss goodnight?" He asks and my eyes flutter open before I lean forward giving him another groggy kiss. His hand wraps around me as he continues to kiss me.

I smile moving back to sleep but he keeps at it moving to my jaw as I held onto him just letting him. "I love you" he sings quietly and I nod again. "Let me sleep you meanie" I murmur getting a pout. "I love you too" I answer anyways.

He just continued to kiss under my chin as I lazily clunged onto him. "Andreas" I whisper and he smiles before going back to kiss my neck. "Talk to me" I mumble and he stops pulling away.

"What do you mean?" He asks and I smile keeping my eyes closed. "Talk to me so I can just listen to you" I repeat and he chuckles. "Somebody is romantic when they are tired" he whispers still trying to keep me sleepy.

I nodded not having enough energy to snap back. "What do you want me to talk about?" He asked reaching a hand down to my lower back. I rest my head on his chest and shrug.

"Can we talk about how brave you are- you let that man harass you just to get me out of a ticket. It was the cutest idiotic thing ever" he laughs and I smile to myself. "Next time I'll punch the person in the face- But it was a sweet gesture I was just to angry to see it at the moment" he sighs and I smile knowing that he wasn't mad about it.

"If anything I was worried you would be upset with me becasue I yelled at you to get back in the truck- but then when I finally found the right station. I called your name and immediately you were up and running past people." He chuckles to himself as I rethink the whole scene.

"The way you jumped into my arms, how I desperately fought back the tears. I really thought I had lost you" he sighs and I look back up to him wanting to make sure he was still happy. I kiss his cheek and he grins before moving. A hand to guide my head back into his chest.

"Sleep kid, just listen to my voice" Andreas whispers and I yawn in response. "They tried to separate us again, but we both just held onto each other tighter. Or how you plead with them to let you stay" he continues going through the situation.

"That's why I know you are the one Colton" his voice falters and my breathing slows down as I try to quiet myself enough to hear his words. "The one for me, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I really hope our adventure doesn't end in West Virgina. It can't happen like that" he adds and I nod squeezing him tightly.

"I feel like we barely know each other but at the same time today's the day. The big anniversary. One year. I may have almost been murdered and harassed by a racist cop, but besides that you made this year the best I could ask for. We both got to celebrate our birthdays together... So happy one year to us" he chuckles as I try to hold back my emotions.

I doubted he would keep track. I'll admit I just knew it was this month I didn't really have the date set. The idea that we have been together for a year really makes me feel like I belong somewhere. I'm starting to think I do. I belong with him.

He kisses my head before stroking my hair. My eyes start to flutter at the feeling to exhausted to do more than one thing at once. I snake an arm around him gripping on tightly to his shirt.

"Happy one year- I'm so glad you decide to stop for me that day" I manage to get the words out my face still smushed into his chest. "I'm so glad you weren't a murderer" I laugh quietly before letting myself just fall back asleep.

"Either way I probably would have fallen for you"