Chapter 22: The Past

"I'm sorry....Could you repeat that Yaga-san?"
Hiyori asked.

"*sigh....You heard me loud and clear Hiyori"

"Well then....I won't do it"

"Hiyori" Yaga called out in an intimidating voice.

"No Yaga-san...I won't go on a mission with him--" she pointed at the goofy tall man beside her who was all smiles and was not bothered by any of it.

"--of all people... Yaga-san..."

"This is an important mission Hiyori...I told you already that the sorcerers dispatched before hand all came back with an unstable mentality....Only you two can do it"

"Well ...why does it have to be the two of us ..I mean...I can do it alone" Hiyori still protested.

"Cocky aren't you?" Gojo now finally decided to chime in and piss Hiyori more.

"Shut it"

"*sigh...Hiyori....This cursed spirit is dangerous....We need the two of you to exorcise this spirit. We don't know it's capabilities and the only thing we know is it messes up with a person's memory or such. We need to ensure each of your safety by having the both of you go as a team. You are the two strongest and the only one we can trust this mission with. Do you get it, Hiyori?"

Hiyori inhaled deep and thought that she never really had a say in this in the first place, and so she reluctantly answered.

"...fine"

"Satoru...I need you to take this seriously. Protect Hiyori and Hiyori, protect Satoru. I expect you to successfully exorcise this special grade spirit. You may go."

"Haii~~~" Gojo answered.

Hiyori bowed in respect and then she left to go and train while Gojo followed behind her.

"You really don't want me with you huh?"

"We leave the day after tomorrow Gojo...please don't get into my nerves at least until then" she sighed and rubbed her forehead.

Gojo was about to speak but was then cut off when their student approached them.

"Hiyori-sensei!....oh Gojo-sensei was with you?" Yuuji said.

"Yeah...we were discussing about a mission. What do you want, Yuuji?"Hiyori asked with a smile.

"Uhh...come with me" he said and dragged Hiyori.

"Yuuji, Where are you taking me?"

"I need you to tell us something" he excitedly said and continued to drag his teacher until they reached their classroom.

Yuuji opened the door revealing all the first years and the second years.

"Uhh...what are you all doing here?"she asked.

"Well, the first-year's are going on a mission the day after tomorrow and we heard that both you and the idiot will be too so...."

" ...before you guys leave, we just wanted to hang out over this free time" Panda continued after Maki.

Hiyori smiled and joined the circle of seats that was already prepared.

"Okay ..what do you wanna do?"

"We want to hear about your past Hiyori-sensei" Nobara said with a sparkling aura.

Hiyori blinked a few times before asking for a verification.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Ughh...come one Sensei....Maybe we might hear something that could help us. Especially your love life"