Chapter 37:Last Warning

"it's just getting started"

Toji was in disbelief to say the least. Gojo Satoru  who, was not even awake and was bleeding to death not even a minute ago, was standing in between Hiyori and Toji preventing the assassin to further injure the green-haired girl.

"Sa-toru" Hiyori whispered in shock. She thought he was done for, however it seems like the world really favors Gojo Satoru.

"You can back out now Hiyori, I'll take it from here" Satoru says as he looks back to her with a smile trying to convince Hiyori.

'He's different '

"And with that being said" he looked back to Toji, and with a smirk he continued.

"Let's play"

Within a blink of an eye, the two were airborne and were fighting, striking back and forth with cursed energy and pure physical domination.

Hiyori was left on the ground and on her knees following their every movement. But exhaustion has taken a toll on her body causing her to collapse.

•••••
Toji was defeated.

The unexpected growth of Gojo Satoru's cursed energy forcing him to develop a Reverse Technique has not been calculated by the assassin.

And with this unforseen turn of events also came with a darker power for the greatest sorcerer.

"Megumi...." Toji mumbled despite losing a part of his body and practically dying.

Satoru turned his back  to hear  what he has left to say.

" The Zenins are after him.....he has the Ten Shadows Technique" he continued.

Now interested, Satoru now listens with undivided attention.

"I sold him to the Zenins" he smirked knowing that the sorcerer would know what to do with the information.

He looked at Gojo before putting on an intimidating aura, all strength that he can gather from his bleeding body just to try and show dominance.

Gojo thought he would have something up his sleeves, a last resort maybe to kill him.

But to his surprise, words left his mouth, warnings and promise.

Satisfied with how he dropped hints about his son and leaving words and his will for Hiyori, Toji fell on the ground on a pool of his own blood with Hiyori and Megumi as the last images he saw.

•••••

White ceilings were the first thing Hiyori saw as she opens her eyes. Trying to figure out where she was, she tried to turn her head to the side however she couldn't do so because of the excruciating pain that she felt on her neck.

It took a second for the pain to subside. And within those seconds, all that has happened came rushing through her mind.

The Star Plasma Vessel
Riko
The Assassins that were after her.
Suguru
Satoru

Toji.

Her eyes swelled with tears and her breathing turned unstable as the monitor has indicated that her heartbeat was erratic.
She was trying to get up, find him.
A lot of questions  filled her mind as she thrashed on the bed with all the wires connected  to her.

Shoko came rushing as soon as she noticed how Hiyori was awake and was struggling desperately on  the bed.

As she neared the door she can hear Hiyori's screams despite her injuries.
It was heartwrenching hearing her so desperate and so hurt.