Chapter 35: Blessing

"Where'd the Plasma Vessel Go?" Toji said as he got out of the stomach of one of Geto's curses with a new sword in hand and a mocking pout pretending to be sad over the fact that his target was running away.

"The bounty has already been lifted,idiot" Satoru mocked in return also trying to mask his disbelief.

"Yeah, Because I took it out, Mr. Hotshot"

Toji explained how Satoru would have exhausted himself if ever he did not take the bounty down and how he would have continued to use his technique.

Satoru kept quiet with a smile of incredulity, still astonished as to how powerful the man in front of him was even without sensing any cursed energy from him.

"I've got a question, though" Satoru said after putting some distance between them.

"Huh? If it's about the Vessel I think you already know why I'm after it"

"No....I know exactly why you're after Amanai... It's clear as day that you're here to hunt her down"

" Then what else do you want to know if you already know my purpose of being here and trying to kill you"

"Hiyori.....Where is Hiyori?" Satoru asked.

"Hiyori?!!....Who is that?!....Oh is it that chick who was on guard at the gates?"

Satoru squinted his eyes in suspicion, which answered Toji's question.

"*chuckle......you don't really have to worry about her.....You'll follow her very soon" Toji said as he charged to attack Satoru.

His statement caught Satoru off guard causing him to get injured severely on his torso.

He fought back and released cursed techniques to keep away from Toji. He was fast. Too fast that he did not notice that Toji had another weapon on hand.

And when Satoru was about to turn to counter Toji's attack, he felt pain on his neck with the fast decrease of his cursed energy.

The Inverted Spear of Heaven.

It was plunged in Satoru's neck activating it's effect of force stopping a cursed technique.

Satoru tried to get away from his attacker with the strength left in his system but was weak against Toji's superior physical prowess.

Toji slashed Satoru further until he fell down and blood was all over the place.
It was overflowing out of his body in addition to his already depleted cursed energy.

"You.....are really like Hiyori" Toji said as he was leaving, already confident that Satoru would die if left alone like that while bleeding uncontrollably.

Satoru's weak eyes followed Toji's figure as he left.

" But......You're not strong enough to protect her......I don't like a weakling like you by her side" 

Satoru heard these words and in that moment he felt his rage grow and his mind went overdrive.

*********

"Go down the stairs and pass the gates. Then head towards the base of that huge tree. It's protected by a different barrier than the one around Jujutsu High. Only those invited may enter " Geto explained how Riko can reach the Master Tenggen, her Merger.

"Or you can turn back and return home with Kuroi" Geto continued.

"What?" Riko asked in disbelief.