Chapter 26: Despondency

"Satoru.....I'm leaving"

The green haired girl said with a sad look on her face as she stood in front of the white haired boy's house.

Satoru's eyes widened at her declaration.

It has been a little over a month since her mother had passed. And through those painful times, he had tried to be there for the girl as long as he can.

Hiyori had tears in her eyes while trying to avoid the gaze of the bright blue eyes she never wanted to leave.

"W-why?" the white-haired boy asked with quivering voice.

"D-daddy said.... it's for my training....I-I'll be going to Kyoto until I finish Middle School and then I'll come back after for High School to attend Jujutsu High...."

"When will you be leaving?"

"The day after tomorrow"

"W-why so sudden?"

Hiyori sniffed now wiping her tears.

"Daddy said......he said that it's still hard for him to live here without Mama anymore....*sniff....I'm sorry Sato"

The two weren't ready for these kinds of goodbye.....
They had been together for as long as they can remember and then suddenly not seeing each other was harsh blow to the both of them.

But it is always inevitable.

Satoru could only hug the green haired girl and reassure her with a smile despite his tears.

"It's okay Hiyori.....We'll meet again for sure.....We'll see each other again and make sure that you won't change okay?....Grow stronger...Be Happy always.....And be more Beautiful okay?We made a promise to love each other till we're old and gray......so always remember that...okay!"

The little girl had also returned the embrace and could only nod at Satoru's word.

"You too Satoru....also promise that you will remember that promise ..... don't go promising the same thing to other girls......I'm gonna beat you up if you do"

"*chuckle.....okay"

Little did she know that even if she kept her promise....Satoru couldn't keep his.

**********

6 years later

Hiyori was going home from school and was nearing the gates of their estate. It has been Six Years when they left Tokyo for Kyoto.

It wasn't easy adjusting on the new surrounding and lifestyle that they had to adapt. It also wasn't easy having to train and train for her abilities.

After her mother's death, Shiba, her father had gotten stricter with her training and was forcing her cursed energy to grow and grow.

He was still kind and everything,.....just got a little stoic and more demanding when they both go into their training room.

When she finally arrived at their estate...it was odd because the usual guards that were destined in front of their gates were not present. The surroundings were quiet. Even the constant shout of the servants were not heard.

That was when Hiyori had realized that something was definitely wrong because her instincts can tell. Her heartbeat was going faster and her hands start to shake. Her Anxiety Attack was being triggered.