Choose

{ A Week Later }

In the morning, David woke us all with a loud bell, or, for those of us who had gotten any sleep.

I was just managing to shift my mind from Daniel, and he came back again!

And left me with something to THINK ABOUT!

When we had assembled outside, Max and I automatically took our places next to Nikki and Neil.

I looked over at David's wrist, trying to figure out the time on his watch.

'Only 6AM?! This mother-'

"Why are we out here again?" Nikki asked as if she were reading my mind.
And everyone else's.

"We have Foreign Exchange Campers on the way!" David told us with a smile.

"Why us?" Max replied unenthusiastically.

"To give them a proper American welcome!!" He said with an even bigger smile.

I cleared my throat nervously, "Can I just point out that I'm not Ameri-"

"You could, but we couldn't care." Max huffed and folded his arms, and we stood in silence for just a few minutes until the bus pulled up, and for once, didn't hit David on the way.

"Foreign kids are here," the Quarter Master grunted as the bus door snapped open.

Four kids hopped out, and David introduced them one by one.

Dang, a boy from Thailand, Hwan, a boy from North Korea, Brian, an Asian-American boy from Kentucky and...

My heart felt as though it physically stopped when I looked at the last girl.
She was just so-... pretty...

"..and this is Vera, who's come from Russia!" David finished.

Her sky blue eyes, and silky white hair...

No. I'm getting off track.
If Daniel somehow forces me to agree, I wouldn't be able to save her and Max. I'd be forced to choose.

So I can't fall for ANYONE right now.

'But then again, her accent is gorgeous..' I thought as I let myself get lost in thought.

"Earth to Brooke! BROOOOOKKKEEE!!" Space Kid was knocking on my head.

"Owie-! Ow I'm here!" I half laughed, he smiled up at me.

"Ah, you are supposed to be American Cosmonaut! Tell me, how does it feel to have failing space program?" She walked over and bent down to Space Kid's height mockingly.

"....what the fuck did you just say to me." Space Kid mumbled aggressively.

"Woah- SPACEY-!" I shrieked, surprised as he stood there, proud of himself. "Sorry about him-! Space is kinda his thing and he takes it veeery seriously like you would not even believe-" I began rambling apologetically to Vera, and she smiled at me and giggled slightly.

That was it. Butterflies. Pure butterflies. Shit.

She patted Space Kid's helmet and waved at us both as she walked away.

"Errr Brooke, are you ok?" Space Kid asked, pointing out that I was still waving even after she'd turned her back.

"Hm-? Oh me?? Fine, fine, great!!" I said as I whipped my hand down.

"Brooke loves Vera, Brooke l-"

"Spacey." I interrupted frantically, "I'm saying this once because I trust you and you're like a brother to me... but shut. Up."