"David".

{Brooklyn's POV}
{Two days later}

"You guys got the movie?" I smiled as I closed the bomb shelter door.

"Yup! Snagged it off Gwen." Max held up a box set. "I've heard it's shit-your-pants level scary!!"

"We'll see about that." I smirked confidently and sat myself beside him, Nikki and Neil.

"Let's watch Episode 13; Arrival Of The Torso Takers!" Nikki suggested, wiggling her fingers in the air jokingly.

"Alrighty." I passed the disc over to Neil, who got the machine working with ease.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Why, I'm so hungry I could just eat... YOU!!!" The teacher on the screen whipped around, tentacles latching onto his victim and devouring him.

"AAAAGH!!" Nikki and Max clung onto me from either side and Neil shrieked.

"PPFFFTTTT!!" I laughed half at the movie quality, and half at Max's reaction.

"AAAAAGH!!" We all screamed as the lights flicked on.
We whipped our heads around.

Phew, only David.

"Thank shit," I stood up and helped Nikki to her feet.

"It's way past your bedtime, gang!" David scolded.

"What's a bedtime?" I responded jokingly.

Neil snickered.

"Uh-" he went to pick up the box set. "Arrival of the Torso Takers?! Your innocent minds are way too impressionable and naive to be watching things like this! You're not British!!"

I cleared my throat. "Ahem?"

"Oh right- except Brooky."

And smiled up at him.

For once though, he didn't return my expression.
He seemed very angry.

"Oh please," Max chimed in, "it wasn't scary!!"

"Pff- your reaction says otherwise." I muttered to him, and he jabbed my side. "owie."

"Do you know what happens to arrogant little boys like you who think they're 'Too Cool For School'? They go missing! And their arrogant little bodies are never. found. again." He finished with a big... and almost unsettling smile.
Diverting directly between me and Max..

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Neil made his way up the ladder, then Nikki, followed by me, Max, and David.

"I wasn't kidding, you know." David murmured at the bottom of the ladder. "Or was I!!"
"No I wasn't! Or was I? No I wasn't! Or wa-"

"David, knock it off.." Max replied, a tone of anxiousness to his voice.
He was clearly shaken up.

"Or was I? Jusssstttt kidding!!"

"David, he said stop it." I butted in, sounding defensive and almost aggressive.

"Alright, sorry! Sorry!" He smiled, and we went out separate ways back to our tents.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Lyn." Max said after multiple minutes of us lying in our tent in total silence.

"Lyn?" I sat up, "That's my nickname? Really?"

"Whatever, whatever," he swung his feet off the side of his bed as he turned to me. "but uh- this might sound stupid... do you think David was by any chance acting... really off tonight?"