Adoption.

{ Brooklyn's POV}
{Diary Format}
{Two months later}

Dear Susie,

Soo, the deal with Daniel really didn't end well.
By that I mean I sat back and watched Maxi kick his butt with dairy.

I'm assuming the poisoned Kool Aid made him lactose intolerant or something? It's complicated.

I never really broke the deal though, so I assume I'm still completely under his control in one way or another.
Great. ☹︎

Or at least that's what he thinks!!

I managed to get Mr Campbell to adopt me!!! ㋛
He's not exactly my first choice, or the best, but he seems to be really nice!!
I'm not sure why, but he's been treating me really well!

Gwen seems suspicious of it, and David seems a rather close eye on me...
But I don't think anything of it!

I find it really sweet that he cared enough to adopt me even though people at camp say bad things about him.

Like Max when he talked about the grenades in his room, or when he called him a garbage human being..
But he's changing - I know it!!

{ A/N: I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER SUPPORT CAMERON CAMPBELL SUPREMACY, EVER, BUT BARE IN MIND, THIS "DIARY" IS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A TOUCH STARVED TEEN WITH DADDY ISSUES AND DANNY ISSUES.}

{Other A/N: Sorry for thinking that was funny /j}
//////////////////////////////////////

{Max's POV }

I stomped over to Neil, infuriated.

I'd found Campbell's 'adoption papers' and a written check with high digits.
How could he do that to Brooklyn?!

"I'm gonna snap." I told him bluntly, "Brooke needs an affectionate Dad or Parental Figure and he's taking advantage of that!!"

"Woah woah what happened??" Neil tilted his head.

"Campbell. He only 'adopted' Brooklyn because he gets money from the government to do it. They're treating it like full-time community service. Brooke isn't community service! People can NOT compare her to helping people cross the road or- or picking up LITTER!!" I scowled.

"You seem very worked up about this..." Neil smirked.

I glared at him.
"What?! Don't be stupid. I'm pissed off because I know what it's like to be emotionally taken advantage of!!! And it sucks, frankly."

"Alright, alright. But, what are we supposed to do about it?" He asked.

"Expose him obviously! We tell Brooke, and she'll be so upset that she won't JUST tear the adoption papers, but she'll NEVER talk to him again!!!" I answered with a sinister grin.

"I'm in." The sides of Neil's mouth curled up. He then nodded and ran off to inform Nikki.

"Alright then," I went to leave my tent and came to a halt as soon as I set foot outside.

"Look, kid," Campbell snarled, glaring down at me.

'Shit, he heard all of it.' I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands into my pockets.

"this kid is the easiest cash-grab I've had in forever, and you're not taking that away from me."

"She'll find out one way or another." I hissed.

"And who would you believe? Her camp buddy? Or her Dad."
My eyes widened.

"...we both know you're not a dad to her. You never will be! You're like- THE worst choice!!!"