Chapter 4

"What about this one?" Mel askes me. I shake my head at the red dress. We are going shopping for the ball thing in 2 weeks.

        "I'm gonna look over here." I say gesturing to the sales rack. "Okay," Mel replies.

        I don't see anything until a light blue medium dress is right in front of me. Mel is holding it and gestures for me to put it on.

        I go to the dressing rooms and put on the dress. It fits perfectly. I exmine myself in the mirror and smile at myself.

        When I come out of the dressing room Mel gasps. She starts jumping up and down. A light chuckle escapes my lips.

        "McKenzie, you look gorgeous." She says, "You have to buy that one."

        "I will." I reply. I love it so much. We pay for the dress and head back to Mels house.

        Tommorrow we are going to the wild horse round up. I can't wait to see what horse Mel chooses. It will be fun.

        "So, McKenzie, I was wondering if you would like to take a trail ride for your next lesson." Mel says. I nod.

        I'm not paying much attention to her. I'm focused on Dakota coming towards us. Mel follows my gaze.

        "No, Dakota!" She colds with a whiny tone. I walk forward a bit. "McKenzie, What are you doing?"

        I'm slowly aproaching him. He seems a bit uneasy, but doesn't run away.

        "Hey boy." I whisper. I cluck to him. We are only three feet away now. I reack out and stroke his forelock.

        I slowly grab the halter. He wants to get away, but I don't let go. Then, It's silent. I look over at Mel.

        Her mouth is dropped wide open. I just focus back on Dakota. I walk him back to the barn where Kayleen is driving out, until she sees me.

        "Did somebody lose a horse?" I say putting Dakota back in his pin. Kayleen has the same expression Mel had on her face.

        I walk back to the house. Mel is in the family room watching TV. When she sees me she stands up.

        "How did you do that?" She asks. I shrug.

A/N

Heyoooooooooooo. How are you liking this book? I can't put the drees on the side right now, but hopefully I will.

<3 See ya ma home dizzles