Chapter 12

"Mel, have you ever heard of this show?" I ask, turning my laptop around so she may see it.

"Miller Lake? Yea, I've heard of it before. It's a good western and English show but..." she trails off.

"But what?" I ask.

"Lexi always enters, and wins too. Nobody stands a chance against her." Mel over exaggerates. She's known to do that often.

I roll my eyes at her, then read some of the information. Dakota and I could so win this! I know that he can.

—————————————-

I wake up and see that Mel is already in the shower. I get dressed and when Mel is done, we go out to the barn. It's a misty morning and is a little cold. I'm relieved to see the barn.

When we get in, she gets her English saddle out of the tack room and puts it onto Twilight. In the round ring, he bucks and kicks and nearly runs into Mel.

"Mel, be careful in there." I say nervously. She gives me a tiny smile then focuses back onto Twilight.

I walk away and go to get Dakota. I want to ride him bareback, so I just put on his western hackamore I bought him.

I have to use the fence to get on him. He's actually pretty short. Mel said that he's 14.3hh. He is my dream horse. I just walk around until there is a banging noise coming from the barn and spooks Dakota.

He takes off into a smooth canter. The last few strides are really nice... And off course he bucks. I slide off of his back. Mel comes running over to see if I'm okay. My back hurts, but otherwise I'm fine.

Mel catches Dakota for me and helps me back on. I see Lexi in the barn snickering at me.

I hate her so much.

A/N

 Heyooooooooo. I'm sorry I haven't updating this book for a while. I have had some serious writers block.

 <3 See ya ma home dizzles.