Chapter 5

It's about 10:00 now and Mel and I have are PJ's on. We are staying up watching Flicka Country Pride.

        "I still cannot believe that you were able to even get close to Dakota." Mel says before she stuffs her mouth with popcorn.

        "Honestley, it wasn't anything. I just lead him back to his pen." I reply a little annoyed. The movie ends and we go to sleep.

       -------------8 hours later-------------

        "McKenzie, get up." Mel says shaking me. I groan.

        "5 more minutes." I mumble. I feel cold. Mel pulls the sheets off of me.

        "No, now. We have to go to the wild horse roundup."

        I reluctantly sit up and strech my back. Mel is already dressed. I go to the bathroom, brush my hair, and put on my long sleeved blue striped t-shirt and jeans.

        Mel and I eat breakfast then go out the door. We have to ride the bus since niether of us can actually drive yet.

        Finnaly we are here. It's a nice wooden corral. Right now they have a little grullo filly. Mel and I take a seat.

        Next there is a palimino stallion. Mel starts bidding on him for $60. Another man bids $65. He's very scary and probably from the slaughter house.

        Mel bids $70 and that was the end of it. Kayleen is going to pick us up now. We took the bus to get here because she was busy.

        She gets here with the trailer. Mel loads her horse into it and we drive off to the stable.

        "So, what will you name him?" I ask.

        "Twilight." Me replies with a smile.