Part 7

As the other SHIELD Agents arrive I stick my right hand into my pocket, one comes up to me and begin cleaning up my lip.

"Agent Coulson is down" my heart drops, the man that taught me all about SHIELD, the man that always listened, always knew what to say, Coulson and I were close and now he's gone and it was Loki's doing.

Little While later

I sit on the other end of the table staring at the ground emotionless as Nick throws Coulson's cards on the table at Rogers, his blood staining them. I listen to Nick talk to the two boys next to me knowing that I didn't need to be here but wanted to anyways. Nat had gone to help Clint so I knew he'd be fine, I wrapped my left hand over my right covering the bloody bandage as I licked the stitch on my lip reminding myself not to bite it. No one needed to know about me hand besides this wasn't anytime to be injured.

"There was an idea, Y/N and Stark know this" Nick continues, I zone out continuing to stare at the ground. "To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could" he continued "Y/N told me I was delusional, for believing that there could ever be a group of highly skilled people to live up to that name, to be what we need. Yet Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes" he finished as Tony stands up walking away, I continue to stare at the ground. I zone out, I hadn't slept in days as the mission I was on involved a lot of night work plus all this running around with the Avengers took a lot of energy out of me. But I couldn't sleep, not now, I'm brought back when Nick rests his hand on my shoulder giving me a worrisome look. I lightly nod continuing to stare at the ground as only anger filled my body. "Why don't you go get some rest kid" he says in a questioning tone but I know he wasn't asking and he knew what I was going to say. I just shake my head, he gives my shoulder a small squeeze before walking out with Maria.

I lean far back into my chair letting out a big puff as I cross my arms thinking I was the only one left at the table.

"What did Tony mean?" a sudden voice appeared, I look up and see Roger's still sitting at the table looking at me. "do you know what you did to her, what you caused to happen to her?" he quotes "I've never even met you" he finishes as I look back out the ground taking in a deep breathe preparing myself.

"I don't think you really want to know" I reply sitting up as I spin my chair to face him, looking across at him

"I do. We destroyed Hydra in the 40's, it doesn't exist, it shouldn't"

"That's where you are wrong" I say making eye contact, I let out a big breath as I put my hands in a fist together and rest them on the table. This could go really bad I think to myself, "No one knows the full story of how they escaped, but, when you and your team were taking down Hydra bases they sent some of their people to escape. Go to other countries and build up Hydra from in there. How they got out or even how they got into other countries is unknown. I come from a base that was set up in Australia. They acted as normal everyday people, but they weren't. Again no one knows all of the information but they had an idea, they wanted to recreate the super soldier serum but make it more unique, more powerful" I continue taking a breath as I calm myself not wanting to snap. "They wanted an army but they wanted the army to be there own, so they got new born babies and experimented on them. They found women who got pregnant but didn't want to keep the child and paid them for it. My oldest brothers were the numbers 3 & 4 , we were all just numbers, they were twins, all we knew was that our parents were druggies in need of money. After the twins they had 3 more kids me being the last of my siblings and the last baby to enter the experiment" I take another deep breathe knowing that if he doesn't hear this from me he will from Tony. "number 27 I was, the last and final one" I finish as I stare at the table.

"So they experimented on all of you?" he questions lightly intrigued.

"Yeah, records showed that 8 out of the 35 babies didn't make it through the first testings, they found that the babies that came from druggies were able to take the serums better, that's why they paid my biological parents so much, because we took the serum the best. It was a complete different serum to yours, they gave us powers and abilities that had never been seen before. It was a 4 year long test run and they needed at least 27 to survive so they continued to get more babies replacing the ones that die until they had 27 survive, you didn't get a number until you lived to day 30. I was the last one" I finish continuing to stare at the table as I hold my emotions back thinking about the horror they put us through.

"Can I ask what abilities you have" He asked again gently picking up that it's a sensitive topic.

"I have mind powers, basic mind reading,  illusions, mind messages, mind searching, that sort of stuff. I also have immaculate aim, never miss. Then there's telekinesis with metals only, anything metal I can control" I say as I hold my hand up as a metal spoon flies off the table past Steve's face into my hand. "It's meant to compliment the aiming, ya know throwing a knife and having it come right back" I smile trying to lighten the mood "I also have sound control so I can send soundwaves, control sound manipulate it,  duplicate sounds and voices, everything kinda like that" I finish taking a breath, "they gave us all different abilities but I was the only one that they gave mind powers like mine too, the figured as I was the last one and considering how I already had drugs in my system when I was born they wanted to see how much they could give me."

"So they wanted to create an army that they raised, they wanted to teach you everything. Initially you never knew right from wrong" he adds on, I nod surprised that he understands. "You were rescued by SHIELD, how many other made it out?" he asks

"umm 8 including myself and my 4 brothers, I was 18 when Nick rescued us. There were 9 of us left but number 14 didn't make it out " I say slowly "The others all died whilst being in there" I finish

"You don't have to tell me anymore, I'm so sorry"

"It's fine" I cut him off as a take a deep breath "you know it's funny, they taught us how to fight, interrogate, manipulate pain, asses and treat our own injuries and wounds, everything an assassin needs to know and do. They taught us about you, and not in the way everyone else was. We were taught how to kill you, studied you and what your capable of to know how to read threats, find weaknesses. They taught us to be killers, have no mercy, we belies that what we were doing was normal" I say looking at him. "They told us that there were thousands of other groups like us out there, that what we were doing was saving the world when we were sent out to kill innocent people. 2 of the others that made it out are still in recovery. The trauma of all of it was just too much for them, and when they found out that everything we did growing up was a lie, that they killed innocent people, it just pushed them too far and they couldn't take it. Number 17 killed herself willingly" I finish looking at Steve, he was speechless. "I've only told like 4 other people this, I'm telling you because as much as Tony blames you for it, I don't. Nothing you or anyone else could have done would have changed anything, you could never have known. I'm not meant to exist, my biological parents had and sold me for money and just disappeared. That's it, that's my story, that's all that I can say, I want you to know that you didn't die for nothing. You saved hundreds of lives back then but it doesn't matter how many lives you save in the present there's always gonna be bigger threats" I finish standing up walking towards him as I place my hand on his shoulder, "Don't blame yourself. I'm fine now" I say as I look into his mind.

"Y/N" he says as his still lost for words "thank you, thank you for telling me that" he says smiling lightly. I nod and turn to walk away. As I walk out the door I press my back against the wall as I fightback my emotions biting hard on my bottom lip filling the stitch come undone as I force my eyes hardly shut, I hear a glass shatter and know that I need to control myself before I shatter more than a single glass and let out a deep breathe that I didn't realise I was holding.