DR V3, Kaede x Tenko

Sweetheart's Piano

Pairing: Tenko/Kaede

Fluff! {Kinda angst also??}

AU: The killing game was all virtual, now some of the cast lives in apartment building that's near a college.

____________________________________

No one's pov

It was another day, Listening to her sing her song. They are such a lovely woman. she got use to her playing that piano. That girl really had a talent.. she really couldn't doubt it, but Tenko had fallen for that blond haired girl. She couldn't help but want to talk to the girl more and more, but all she'll do is scare the blonde away. She didn't want to make her scared, or find Tenko weird. Her smile is so sweet, so bright. They are so beautiful, kind hearted, and a sweetheart. All she ever wanted was to see her smile, to be happy, or to be held close by the other.

Tenko always listened closely to the singing girl, making out some of the words;

"And mine is infested with bugs~"

It was a lovely tune, something very beautiful. 'I don't have any chance with her' thought the dark haired girl. She sighed, staring at her ceiling. Tenko knew that himiko didn't like her, of course she didn't. The ways she avoided her and talked, so her chances there are lost. Talking to that blond girl would be a blessing, but the fear of her running off like that other girl, drove her to stray further. 'Plus, Kaede probably is straight anyways..' thought Tenko, sighing to herself. Tenko saw the way Kaede treated Shuichi, how close they were, she would be better off with him than her anyways.

{I'm not hating on Shuichi x Kaede yall- ITS JUST PLOT OKI?-}

The dark haired girl got up from her bed, dusting off her blue and white skirt and top. Opening the door of her room, looking around the hallway. Humming the words she heard from Kaede, not being able to get rid of the small bit of lyrics from her head. She walked down the hallway, making it to the elevator, and clicking the down button.

She waited there for sometime, before the doors opened. Tenko looked up from her phone to see Kaede, looking at her. Tenko looked away quickly, her heart racing while stepping inside the elevator. Kaede smiled softly and asked Tenko; "what floor?". Her voice soft and welcoming.

"Oh uh- 1st floor please-." Tenko said, hiding her face as Kaede didn't press any button. they were both heading down to ground level.

"Where are you heading to?" Asked the blonde, looking at the green eyed woman. Tenko was a bit shocked about Kaede wanting to talk to her, before speaking up.

"I'm heading to some karate lessons" she replied, continuing her words; "you?"

"Music lessons, all that" Kaede said back, Tenko nodding. Thinking of what to say to continue the conversation.

"From what I hear you sound very lovely..-" Tenko said, before face palming internally. 'Now I sound like a creep! Darn it!' She thought to herself. Kaede was a bit shocked by Tenko words, but giggled.

"I didn't realize I was that loud from upstairs, sorry Tenko!" She apologized, taking Tenko back from her apology. Tenko smiled, soon, the elevator door opened.

"I'll see you later Tenko!" Kaede waved goodbye, Tenko not saying anything as she just simply waved goodbye with a smile. The green haired girl left, a smile on her face. 'Maybe I'll see her again next week.' Tenko thought to herself, hoping to see the blonde again.

.

.

.

For the next few weeks, Tenko and Kaede talked more and more, Kaede giving her number by the 3rd week. Endless talking, texting, and more. Tenko found herself falling more and more for the other, her smile, her laugh, everything about her was just a dream. Everything seemed to go by so quickly, until the day came.

Tenko and Kaede were out on a walk together, talking together, laughing, enjoying each other's company. Laede looked over at the park, pointing at it with a smile.

"Hey Tenko, want to head over to the park?" She asked, panicking in her mind. She seriously was gonna stick to the plan. Tenko was a little taken aback but of course said yes. Kaede sighed, thankful that the other agreed. Kaede grabbing her hand and walking over to the park, humming a soft tune under her breath. Tenko face went bright red, smiling like an idiot as she followed other girl. Soon, they made it to a bench near a lake, kids feeding the fish and messing with the lake water. Kaede sitting Tenko down, taking a deep breath.

"So.. I have something to say.." she trailed off with her words, looking away while she fidgeted with the end of her shirt. Tenko tlited her head a bit.

"What is it Kaede?" She smiled, looking at the blonde girl. She took a deep breath, this was really happening.

"I love you..-" she said softly. Looking away from Tenko, ready to face a rejection. Instead, Tenko hugged her tightly. Overly happy and holding onto her.

"You're serious?!" Tenko said, her voice High pitched and excited.

"Of course I'm serious!" Kaede replied, smiling and laughing at the other girl's reaction. Tenko let go of Kaede and smiled brightly, holding her hands. Kaede blushed a bit, looking at Tenko. 

"you know, you're so sweet" She said softly to the other girl. Tenko blushing a bit and looking away. Kaede giggled at Tenko's reaction. 

"should we head back?" Kaede asked, Tenko nodded while Kaede walked with Tenko throughout the calm peaceful park, holding her rough hand. the laughing of children, and just the chirping from birds. the water that moved swiftly, making a nice calming noise. 

.

"are you sure about this Tenko? do you actually want me to sing it?" the blonde asked, Tenko nodded, obliviously excited. 

"I bet it sounds so good Kaede!" Tenko said, encouraging the other girl. Kaede smiled and took a deep breath, resting her hands on the keys. She started to play, and softly  singing,

"My sweetheart's piano is rat filled
And mine is infested with bugs
The music we make is unnatural
But it sounds just like falling in love"
she sung softly, Tenko already swooned by her soft singing. Kaede looked over at Tenko, seeing her reaction and then continued to sing the rest of the song. 

"This butch, This butch, This butch, This butch
She makes me go weak in the knees
But I can't let her see me swoon
Or else she may think I am weak" 

"She makes me go weak in the knees
But I can't let her see me swoon
Or else she may think I am weak
Tomorrow I'll dig through the garbage
And we'll fish out all kinds of new trash
And when we go back to my apartment
She'll probably kick my ass"

"I sing her songs in my garage
And make her fall in love with me
And once we're done
The sun is gone
Wе both just laugh so nervously

"I talk real slow
And speak rеal low
Hoping she'll lean into me
And we just laugh cause
What was that?
We can't take ourselves seriously
This butch, This butch, This butch, This butch
She makes me go weak in the knees
But I can't let her see me swoon
Or else she may think I am weak"

She soon finished the song, Tenko taken away from her singing and piano playing. then hugging the blonde tightly. 

"you should so awesome Kaede!!" She said with a happy, high-pitched tone. Kaede laughed and hugged her back, feeling safe against the other's touch. Kaede gave Tenko a small kiss on her cheek, smiling sweetly while the other blushed a lot. 

Tenko was glad about that day, where she could talk to the blond haired girl. \

she finally found her home, and so did Kaede. 

(BOOM, THE END!! I'm so sorry for how long this took.. but its done!! 

word count: 1315 <33)