𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨; mourning

"the last chimera"

"the last chimera"

THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET TO see the body. His sister was dead, and her body was taken away before he even got to say goodbye, he got that he and Scott were arguing, but he should have told him about his sister dying. This whole day, he was out and about trying to find everyone, when Cassie had been dying in the animal clinic, then the hospital, alone. Ellie had found him sitting outside of his dads hospital room and told him the news, but by the look on Ellie's face alone, Stiles knew that something was terribly wrong. He went back to where Cassie had died, but her body was gone, Parish had taken it away, like he did with all of the other bodies — he had let Parish leave the police station, but little did he know that he was on his way to pick up Cassie's body. Noah hadn't woken up yet, he was still under and recovering, and right now Stiles was truly alone for the first time in his life, he didn't even have Scott; he didn't want Scott. He wanted Cassie, but she was gone, and she wasn't coming back to him or their dad. God, he didn't know how he was going to tell his dad when he woke up — 'hey dad, glad you're healing well. By the way, your daughters dead'. What had happened?

Stiles couldn't stop crying no matter how hard he tried to stop, people stared at him as they walked by in sympathy, looking down at the boy in sadness that he had clearly lost a family member. Melissa had come to see the boy shortly after she had brung Scott back to life, letting the boy know that she was by Cassie's side the whole time until the girl took her final breath, and that she thanked her for being so good to herself and Stiles — she missed out the mom part, knowing that it would make Stiles even more guilty for not being there; not only had Cassie called her, her mother, but so had Stiles, both times the kids being in critical condition. No matter what anyone said, the woman considered Stiles and Cassie her own kids as well as Scott, and loosing Cassie hurt just as much as when she thought Scott had died the night before. The girl didn't deserve to die, she was one of the kindest souls Melissa knew, and she deserved to die from old age, not from mercury poisoning at the mere age of fifteen. He should have been there, and if he hadn't have left his phone at the station, then he would've known to be with her, he would've known.

Stiles felt like he couldn't breathe, and when the receptionist asked if there was anyone else being the next of kin, his heart shattered when he claimed it was just him. He couldn't say he had a sister anymore, because she wasn't alive anymore. It hurt thinking about the fact that she wasn't around to bug him anymore, that he wouldn't be able to scare boys away from her anymore, (more so Scott), he was utterly heartbroken, and he knew that he had to tell his dad when he woke up, making it even worse.. When Scott came up the elevator to check on Stiles, he hadn't expected to see Noah in the hospital bed passed out, a breathing tube in his mouth to help him, and Stiles shouting at the doctors for some answers that they didn't have, that they weren't giving him. But the second he saw Scott, he walked forwards, slamming the door open and slamming Scott against the wall, bringing them both to the ground, Stiles on top. "Where were you, huh? Where were you!" He yelled, taking his anger out on his friend who he thought he trusted, "You didn't tell me when she was dying!" He added, just as the security guard came and pulled him off of Scott.