𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞; cassie's demise

"status asthmaticus"

CASSIE FELT LIKE SHE WAS in a movie as the girl had an inner monologue in her mind about how she thought she was going to die — before finding out that the supernatural exist, the girl thought that she would grow old with her husband in a cute house on the edge of town, but as she sat in the back of Theo's truck, her whole body leaning on Liam's as she didn't have any energy to keep it upright. With her eyes constantly rolling into the back of her head after attempting to open them, she knew that she was dying; she felt her organs shutting down inside of her, the girl finding it harder and harder to breathe or move any muscle of hers. Throughout her panic about dying, she heard Theo telling Liam to keep her awake, although her eyes wouldn't cooperate with her, "Cassie, keep your eyes open, baby." Liam pleaded with her, lifting up her dead weight body as the girl groaned, unable to form any words, "Please, don't fall asleep. Theo, how do we help her?" He asked Theo with a panicky voice, trying his hardest not trying cry at the sight of Cassie alone.

"I don't know." Theo admitted, driving as fast as he could to the vets, which is where Scott had informed them to go and take Cassie until he could meet them there. It hurt Cassie's heart, when she heard Scott claim that there might not be anything to save her, like he wasn't even trying to. She thought that Scott, of all people, would fight to keep her alive, but his words had pierced through her heart in ways she had never felt before, like her own family had betrayed her, and she was sure that Liam felt the same way, too. "When it's wolfsbane poisoning, you burn it out. But I don't know anything about mercury. Especially a kind that's probably been altered by them." Theo explained, mostly to Liam, as Cassie was so far under that she could barely understand what everyone was saying around her.

Liam had an idea, for Scott to bite Cassie, it was the one thing he could think of that would help the girl he loved; Theo agreed instantly that the idea was good and it could work, the only problem was getting Scott to agree to it. Although he had agreed to never bite the girl, or Stiles, or any of his human friends, this could be a way to save the girl, and he had his fingers crossed that he would agree with their theory. Theo pulled up the car as Scott stood in the car park with a troubled look on his face, looking like something had just happened to him, but none of them questioned it as Liam carried Cassie into the vets, the girl gasping and grunting in pain as he did so, taking her to the corner of the room and sliding down the wall to have Cassie lying on him, the boy wrapping his arms around her for dear life. None of them knew that Stiles had come to help out, that Scott had forgotten to tell the boy that his sister was dying; he was so caught up in confronting the his best friend for lying that telling him about Cassie had completely escaped his mind, and even as he walked in and saw the girl dying in Liam's arms, he still forgot that he should have told Stiles, having so much on his mind at once. It was al overwhelming.

"I think she's dying." Liam cried as he held tightly onto Cassie, looking up at Scott with pleading eyes for him to do something instead of standing around. "Scott, remember what you promised me. Promised her? You said you'd do everything you could to save her." Liam told Scott as the girl groaned out yet again, tears streaming down her face as she died. "She's a real werewolf, you can save her. You gotta give her the bite, Scott, please." He pleaded to his alpha, hoping that scott would save her.