𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱; cassie's transformation

"strange frequencies"

SOMETHING WAS OFF WITH CASSIE, she felt strange, like something was going to happen, and soon. Something was building up inside of her, and she didn't like it one bit. Straight after school that day, she headed back home without any hesitation, and climbed into her bed, not liking the way she was feeling inside. Cassie felt her insides burning up, and that reason alone, she knew something was happening to her, something bad.. The girl groaned out in pain as she threw her cover off of her body, breathing heavily as she did so, like she felt a panic attack coming on, and she dizzily made her way to the bathroom, leaning on the edge of the sink as her head felt like it was going to explode from impact. Too much was happening, and she felt overwhelmed.
Cassie could hear three footsteps coming up the stairs and straight for her bedroom, heating Liam explain to Scott and Stiles how the girl had gone straight home after school without saying anything to anyone, and the girl didn't know how she could hear them from so far away, especially since she was in her bathroom. Wasting no time, Cassie rushed to the door and locked it, before heading back for her sink and running the cold tap, splashing some water on her face to cool herself down.

The Stilinski girl had never felt anything remotely close to something like this before, she felt like her insides were on fire, and she felt like she was going to go up in flames at any moment now. "Cassie?" Stiles called, seeing that her bathroom door was shut, and when he tried to open the door, he found that it was locked, and she was inside. "What's wrong? Cass?" He asked, the fear in his voice clearly there as he feared the worst.

However, Cassie couldn't answer, she kept her eyes shut as she gripped the side of the sink, breathing in and out carefully as she silently cried - whatever was happening to her, wasn't good, and she feared that she may be dying. "I can hear her breathing." Scott said, as Liam watched the door with a worried expression. He knew he should have skipped lacrosse practice and stayed with her, he could just tell that something was off, and he wished that he had gone with his gut.

Cassie blocked out the boys's words as she finally opened her eyes and looked into the mirror, finding someone that looked completely different looking straight back at her. The girls eyes weren't their usual colour anymore, instead, they were bright orange, scary looking as they looked back at her. She had to raise her hand up into the air to make sure that it was herself in the mirror, but when she did, she sobbed when she saw what was happening to her. Her hand was in flames. Shouldn't she be in pain? Shouldn't she be screaming and burning to death? Why is she even able to move her fingers right now?
The girl screeched as the bathroom door was kicked open by Scott, and the three boys' eyes widened at the sight of the girl in front of them. Her bright orange eyes staring back at them in fright, and parts of her body glowing, while her hands had flames emerging from each fingertip. "What's happening to me?" Cassie cried, multiple tears streaming down her face, steam coming from them as they instantly dried from the heat on her skin.
Liam didn't waste any time in rushing towards his girlfriend, the second he saw her begin to break down, he didn't want her to be alone, although, when he reached out and touched her, he got burnt. The boy hissed in slight pain, retracting his hand as he looked at the girl in confusion, who simply couldn't stop crying. "Am I dying?" She sobbed, holding her hands tight or her chest in fear that she would hurt Liam again.

"No, no you're not dying." Liam told her, shaking his head frantically before he looked back at Stiles and Scott in worry.

"Cassie, you need to calm down." Scott instructed her, moving forwards as he held his hands out in surrender, letting her know that he wasn't going to touch her. Cassie looked up at him with an incredulous look, wondering how he expected her to do that, "Look at Liam, and take a deep breath in, then out." He elaborated, hoping that maybe the beta could help her through this, it was clear she was shifting for the first time, but into what, none of them knew - they would have to get her to Deaton as soon as possible once she was back to normal.

Cassie nodded at Scott, before looking over at Liam, who was crouched down in front of her in worry, watching her in fear something is going to happen to the love of his life. The girl took one deep breath in, holding it, before letting it out, keeping her eyes on Liam as she did so, the boy helping through her shift. She didn't even know why she was shifting, she hadn't been bitten by Scott, or any other alpha for that matter, so why was she going through this? It made no sense to her. However, a few seconds passed and Cassie could feel her heart rate begin to slow down, and Scott and Liam could hear it, both letting out the breath they had held in in stress, even Stiles had sighed in relief at the sight of his sister, meaning that she must be calming down, and it was all because of Liam. Just looking in his eyes had calmed her down, and that only meant one thing.. Liam was her anchor.
The second the flames died down, Liam rushed into her arms, pulling her into his hold, the girl still having orange eyes as she looked at Scott and Stiles from behind them, but the second Liam had began to stroke her, they soon faded, and her normal human eyes had come back. "What the hell just happened?" Stiles was the first one to break the silence between the four of them, wanting to know what the hell just happened to his sister and why she was in flames.

Scott didn't take his eyes off of the young couple that sat on the bathroom floor in complete bits, Liam holding Cassie as she cried into his chest. "She.. Shifted." He revealed to his best friend, turning around to face his friend with a shocked facial expression.

They only knew one thing, they needed Deaton.

Cassie sat on the table, her hand squeezing Liam's, who stood besides her, watching Deaton run some of her blood to find out something about what she could be. "Fire?" The man asked once again, looking at Scott and Stiles in confusion. When they had first explained what had happened to Cassie, he didn't believe it - he had never heard of such a thing. A girl on fire? Now, he knew a lot of things, but that? He didn't know..

Scott nodded, as Stiles kept his eyes on his agitated sister, "Her hands were up in flames, and she burnt Liam when he touched her." The alpha informed the vet, glancing at the girl sympathetically when he said this, as she felt awful for hurting Liam, especially when he was just trying to help him. "Her eyes were a bright orange, and the burns on her face healed almost instantly after she shifted back." He carried on, watching as Deaton nodded, the man deep in thought as he tried to think of what the girl was. None of this made sense - she wasn't bitten by Scott or any other alpha, so why had she shifted? This had to be the dread doctors doing, had they done this? It didn't seem so far fetched that they had.

"I have an idea." Deaton finally announced, giving Scott a look.

"What's that?" Scott asked, wanting to know what Cassie was and if they could help her in any way possible.

Deaton sighed, hoping that he was right on this one, but if he was, it meant they had a lot of work on their hands.. A few seconds of silence passed by before he finally spoke up again, "A Phoenix."