𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞; the dread doctors book

"required reading"

"required reading"

CASSIE WAS SICK TO DEATH with being coddled by everyone in the pack, especially her brother - it had been happening since her friends and family found out about the night at the club with the dread doctors, and she had to reassure them over and over again, that she was okay. She felt completely fine. She knew why they were all worried about her safety, but she hadn't bled any silver from her eyes or nose or any part of her body like the other failures, so that meant she was fine, right? She didn't even know at this point in time. But, her bad dreams had stopped all together, and she had stopped hallucinating about the dread doctors, too, so that was a good sign, but then again, she didn't know anymore. She didn't know anything anymore.

The only good thing that was coming out of this whole mess, was that they had some idea of what was going on, and why they were choosing their victims to experiment on, and that was a start, considering they didn't have any ideas on anything before. The pack had to start looking into what was unique about Cassie, and how she linked to the other chimaeras that the dread doctors had been experimented on. Noah had been on the case since the night at the club, as well as Stiles and Malia, who had been working non-stop to find out more about the masked men and what they wanted with their victims. The board in her dad's office now had her face on along with many others, and they were still trying to link it all together, with no clues on why she was chosen by the masked men like the others had, too.
The fact that Liam didn't want to let his girlfriend out of his sight, just fuelled to Cassie's annoyance and boredom. She doubted that anything serious was going to happen now, everything had seemed to have gone quiet since the night at the club, and they hadn't seen any more kids being turned into a chimaera. She just wanted some peace and quiet.. When Liam wasn't with her, she was either stuck with Stiles and Malia, or her dad and she was fed up. She hadn't had any time alone since the night of the club - she was tired.

Currently, Cassie sat behind the pack as they gathered around copies of the dread doctors book, knowing that they all had to read it, but dreading the moment to come. Cassie had two choices, to sit with Liam and listen to him ramble on about how he was worried about her and didn't want to let her out of his sight, or watch out for the pack as they begin to read the book through, in case any of them were to hallucinate and maybe run into the road, much like Malia had before, as she had already read the book. She obviously picked the packs version, that way she could relax.
Cassie on the other hand, wasn't allowed to read the book, which she didn't know why. If she was allowed to, then maybe they could find out where the dread doctors were and where they were working on all of these teens, including her. She tried to reason with Stiles and Scott to let her read it so maybe they could figure something out, but they wouldn't have any of it; in their eyes, Cassie was fragile, and there was no way they were letting her go anywhere near the books.

When she sighed on her place on the sofa, Stiles turned around and gave her a look, "What?" He asked, as everyone else's attention was on the book in their hands. He took it to himself to look out for Cassie tonight, as their dad was at work, and Liam had been with her every night of the week, and after she had told him she was tired of the boy constantly being protective over her - Stiles was more than happy to be on shift tonight as he hadn't seen the girl for a while.