𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻; screw it

"smoke and mirrors"

"smoke and mirrors"

CASSIE WAS SITTING IN HER dad's office at the police station, waiting upon her brother to return home after their successful rescue mission in Mexico, they had successfully saved Scott and Kira, and had headed back home instantly. After the incident back at the school, Noah had taken Mason and Lydia home, then had dragged Cassie back with him to the police station, not wanting to let her out of his sight ever again, especially being home alone, he wanted her with him while they were waiting for Stiles and Malia to get here. Cassie had taken her jacket off due to the dust and blood on, and was now wearing her dad's sheriff jacket instead, she felt very warm and cosy as she sat on his chair, waiting for Stiles and Malia to get here.

The two of them had been sitting in the office for a little while, until Stiles and Malia eventually walked in, causing her dad to rush at his son and pull him in for a hug. Cassie joined shortly after, pushing away any arguments that she had with Stiles before hand. Needless to say, she forgave him. "Guys, you both smell terrible." Stiles told them, as he pulled them in for a tight hug, cringing at the smell of them both.

"Dad blew up the berserker, it was so awesome." Cassie mumbled into Stiles' shoulder as she hugged him, whom just laughed in response, happy that she wasn't scarred for life after seeing the berserker and nearly dying from it.

"Yep." Noah chuckled at his sons words, "You smell, too." He told Stiles, having smelt him. As they all pulled apart, they smiled widely at each other, before looking towards Malia, inviting her in for a hug also. Malia had looked confused at first, walking forward slowly, but then smiled widely once she realised that they were serious, and she eventually joined in for a group hug, feeling loved.
"I'm so glad you're both safe." Her dad told them, after pulling away from their hug and getting a good look at them all. "Hey, what do you say we all get out of here, get something to eat." He suggested, as he was starving.

"Great. I'm starving." Stiles said, raising his hand up to motion how hungry he is. Their dad smiled as they all agreed to go out for food, putting his arms around Malia and Cassie, and lead them out the room.
When there was commotion behind them, Cassie snorted once she saw that Stiles was handcuffed to the table, unable to go anywhere due to their dad.. "Yo, daddy." Stiles said, looking back at them.

"So what's your favourite food?" Noah asked Malia, completely ignoring Stiles as he protested behind them all.

Malia turned to face Noah after giving Stiles an unsure look, "Uh... Pizza." She eventually answered.

"Great, that's Cassie's favourite too." Noah said, smiling.

They paused at the doorway and looked back at Stiles, who was trying to get out of his handcuff, "Uh, dad?" Stiles asked, "Cass?" He asked his sister, when he got no response from their dad, who stayed ignoring Stiles..
Their dad guided the two girls out the room, Cassie giving a small wave to Stiles as they left, ready to go and get some pizza. "Uh, save me a slice!" Stiles called out, once they had left, causing Cassie to snicker.

——

Cassie was walking down the hallway with a smile on her face as she spoke to Ellie. She was happy that no one was trying to kill them anymore, and the berserkers are all gone, never to be seen again, except for in her nightmares. If she saw another one of those things, it would be way too soon.
She had successfully survived the year, along with all of her friends and family, no scrapes or scratches, apart from her scar on the side of her stomach. The only thing she was now worried about, was that Mason and Ellie didn't know about anything. She had no clue how they would react if they found out, Cassie was sure that Ellie would be mad at her for keeping such a huge secret, just like Cassie had been with her family and friends, but yet again, it wasn't her secret to tell, it was Liam's.

The two were laughing at each others words, when they came across Liam, waiting by Cassie's locker for her, so the two could talk about things. Ellie winked back at Cassie, giving her a knowing look, silently telling her to go for it, "I'll see you at lunch." Ellie told Cassie, before walking away.

"Hey, Dunbar." Cassie greeted, approaching him with a huge smile on her face, knowing that it was good to see him, after everything that had happened to them, she hoped that they could have a normal life now, and maybe, they could even go on the date Liam had been asking her about on his first day. It made Cassie laugh that they still hadn't gone on their date, yet they had been through so much together..

Liam smiled at her, a genuine smile, which he hadn't done in a while. He finally felt like he belonged, he had friends who cared about him, for the first time in forever. "Hey." He greeted.

"How was Mexico?" Cassie eventually asked, having not heard from him since he left and she had been attacked by the berserker.

"Good, other than the nearly dying." Liam told her, with a smirk, "How was fighting off the berserker?" He asked.

"Good, other than nearly dying." Cassie repeated, smiling mischievously at him.

They looked at each other, taking in the others facial expressions, and not speaking another word. They had been wanting to do this one thing since Liam had arrived at the school, but neither of them had been able to act on it. They were finally at a time where the drama was over, and they could finally relax without nearly being killed every single day of their lives.
Cassie bit her lip as she looked up at Liam, causing his heart to race at the sight. He knew that he liked this girl, hell, he had since his first day at this school. The first time he had laid eyes on the girl, he knew that she was the one for him. Her beautiful blonde locks flowing as she walked down the hallway with her books, a smile on her face as she daydreamed - everything about the girl, made him like her even more.

"Screw it." Liam eventually muttered to himself, before leaning in to Cassie, pulling her waist forward, so he could do in for a long kiss, something he had been wanting to do for a while.
Cassie smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around Liam's neck, enjoying every moment, forgetting about the students around them, who stared at how open they were. The two felt like they were in some kind of bubble, and they loved it. They loved this feeling.. After a few seconds, they pulled away breathlessly. "I've been waiting for so long to do that." He told her, smiling, as he kept his hand on her waist.

"And I've been waiting so long for you to do that." Cassie told him, with a smirk, using her hand to brush his hair. He pulled her back into another kiss, enjoying the moment..

On the other side of the school, Stiles and Scott were walking through the hallways, talking about Cassie and how she had done throughout the year with helping the pack out. "She's a tough kid." Scott told Stiles, as they walked forwards, "You should give her more credit. She's handled this whole thing really well." He said, remembering how Cassie had helped at the bonfire and with the berserker, as Lydia had explained what happened, and how Cassie was extremely brave that night.

"I know she has." Stiles said, sighing, "I just... I never wanted for her to get involved in this. I'm her big brother, I'm supposed to keep her safe." He told Scott.

"And you did, she's okay, isn't she?" Scott said, reassuringly.

"She's almost been killed twice this year." Stiles reminded him, "If she died, I would never be able to forgive myself." He admitted.

"We won't allow that to happen." Scott told him.

"I hope so."