10. Daisy

Dedicated to JrmMohp

Anna's POV

"My parents are a little messy." With a sheepish smile, Theo collected the blankets. His house seems home. There is a feminine touch. And, the flower of daisy caught my attention at the door. The flower symbolises innocence, purity, motherhood and a new beg who inning, which tell a lady who lives here who is aware of plant symbolism.

"Your parents are here?" I was embarrassed. when he said his parents. He looks in his 30s and he lives with his parents.

"No, I live with them." He shrugged off.

"You live with your parents?" Definitely, a shock.

"Yes... Living alone is boring." He rolled his eyes.

Lie.

"Which means you don't have any woman in your life?" I raised my eyebrows, challenging him by showing him the shoe that belongs to a lady.

He chuckled. "You are entertaining sometimes."

I ignored his comment and continued to look around. There is a lady in the house. Her touch is visible, her effort can be seen even in her absence. I assume she would be beautiful. Nothing like me..... With a large glass and frizzy unmanageable black hair.

"The bathroom is next to the guest room." Pointing in the direction, he informed me.

I nodded and left to brush my teeth. I feel I reek like my husband. Not only that, but I feel dirty. I wanted to shower but with no clothes, I decided to clean my teeth. I was able to get the toothbrush and when Theo offered me help, I took it. I desperately want a clean mouth.

Despite his looks, Theo makes me feel peaceful. His tattoo resting on his forearm must have stories. I would love to hear it, but then insecurities hit me. He is a good-looking man who is generous enough to even look at me.

I was a little healthy when I got married. I never considered myself as fat but one day, food was cut. Subconsciously, I was dieting because I wanted to be Willa... Perfect, for James.

Willow Carter... Willa, the perfect woman any man could ask for. She was the designer working for Hudson style, the famous clothing lines. She was the perfect partner-in-crime for Robert Hudson, the man who owns clothing lines, Hudson style. Her Carmel skin shone with confidence in every picture. Her posture was the epitome of inspiration. With James, Willow made sense.

Not only James but everyone was comparing me with Willa, who is no more. They wanted me to be like her. I tried to be like her. I did try my best, but that was not enough. I guess I am not enough for my husband.

I brushed my teeth and looked at my phone. Norma still has Jamie and promised me to take care of him till I am back. I should be back.

By the time I was in the drawing-room, I could hear people chatting. Theo has guests to attend. I should leave. I just needed a place where I can cry and wash off the smell of the man who was supposed to be mine, before seeing my bundle of joy.

I don't want to corrupt my pure boy with the smell of sins of his father.

Walking slowly, I reached to the drawing-room and waited for them to notice me. The way they interacted implies the couple is Theo's parents. He wasn't lying. They have that vibe that Norma and Daniel has, even Susan and David. Intense love.

"Who is this lovely lady?" The lady exclaimed as soon as she sees me. Her foreign accent is new to me. It took a while for me to understand.

"Oh, I am sorry." The old man laughed, and his accent was different. Maybe the lady arrived here after the marriage. "We prefer our native language while we are at home." He added. "She is from here." He mumbled to his wife.

"I am sorry, dear. Theo usually invites those who understand our language. It's a little awkward when we welcome the guest in our way." Finally, the lady speaks again. This time, in a familiar accent. I could understand her.

I gave her a tight smile. "It's fine... I should be leaving....."

"Nonsense... No one is leaving. We are having dinner." She faked a glare at me.

"I don't want to...." I was interested in her real glare.

"Mom becomes sensitive when it comes to hosting guests." Theo let out a hearty laugh.

Seeing them, I realized what I have been missing. My parents were religious, yet they were never strict. We were allowed to do anything, as long as we follow the morals.

I imagined my married life... James and our children just like what I was offered as a kid I'm by my parents. But the reality is opposite to it. James is not ready to talk and Jamie is about to lose his father. I see the couple retreating from my eyesight.

"Those shoes belong to the lady of the house." Theo grabbed my attention and guided me to the kitchen, where I assumed we were about to have dinner.

"You eat in the kitchen?" I asked.

"Our kitchen is big enough to have a dining table." He answered.

"Your wife is a lucky woman to have such amazing in-laws." I was genuinely happy for the lucky lady.

"There is no lady." Theo chuckled. "I should be married by now but fortunately, I am happily single. Mom helps me a lot. What I would have done without her?.... I have no idea."

I blurt out." If you want to know this situation then get married."

"Then marry me." His response was as fast as the speed of light.

"What?" I was shocked.

He smiled. "You offered me. I am not a fool to reject you." He walked into the kitchen

His words rang in mind. What does this mean? Am I beautiful? Or he said all this because I am a woman.

"Do you think I am beautiful?" I follow him, whispering loud enough for him to hear me.

"Of course... Only a fool is blind to not see this." He spoke with honesty.

I waited to form a word..... To reply to him but couldn't do it. No one ever called me beautiful. It was always Amy. My sister. The other ex-best friend who betrayed me.

"Even with the glasses?" I mumbled.

"Glasses has nothing to with looks. In fact, looks have nothing to do with beauty." The sincere words ignited curiosity in me.

What does beauty mean then?

Theo's mother joined me. Her concern reminded me of Norma. Her touch blasted the volcano of my memories. "Why there is sadness in your eyes, dear?" She asked.

Stay tuned.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
©Copyrights reserved