Prologue

Anna's POV

"George, please hurry up," I screamed. I am furious at this moment now.

"I will not. Maybe she must be kidding." I heard him. Does he think thinks this scenario is a joke?

"That's Amelia Florence Kepner. She is always serious about everything." I hit my best friend. "Trust me, this will not be good for you. Drive fast."

"Easy, church girl. I am trying. Roads are already blocked."

We are stuck in traffic for the past 20 minutes. Amy, my elder sister texted me about her plan. She's not happy about the arrangement, but that's the only best solution right now.

Her boyfriend, Ryan Harrison always cheats on her and then, they take a break from their relationship, only to be back in a relationship again. The cycle continues. He cheats, they break up, and then back together again.

Everyone knows about Ryan. He's a playboy and girls do fall for his charms. Yet, my naive sister believes that her love is true and will eventually change him.

My sister is naive. Just like the flower blue Iris, which resembles Faith and Hope.

"Finally- I am taking another route." George ignited the car and increased the speed of the car, taking another road to reach home and I sighed in relief.

I am leaving. I'll be back, once everything is settled.
—Amy

I re-read the message again. This is what I have been doing for the past half an hour.

I was in my botany class when I received the message and I dragged George with me home. We have to stop her.

"Did you call your mother?" I couldn't reply to his question because I don't have enough courage to tell her that suddenly, her daughters are rebellious." I think you should tell her. She could convince her." He stopped the car and offered me his phone.

"She has other issues to worry about." I snapped at him and run to the house.

"Amy........ Amy......." We both called for her.

"Where she could be?" I asked myself.

"Maybe Ryan Harrison," George blurted.

"No, he's a coward. He would never take his chances with Carters. He would never do that. Furthermore, he doesn't love her."

"He does love her. It's his lifestyle that forces him to cheat."

"You are defending him." I scoffed

"No- it's obvious he loved her." He took out his phone. "I can try to call Amy."

I nodded and went to her room to find any clue about her disappearance. I know she was sad about the agreement, but that was the only option available to us.

Maybe, she would be happy in the future. It couldn't be that bad. Right?

Her closet was empty and books were gone. Did she leave us forever?

No.

I paced to George who was talking to someone on the phone. He looked pale when he turned around to face me.

"Who was that?" My voice wobbles. "Please, it has to be good news."

"It was my cousin, Summer. She said Ryan is going out of town."

"Amy was with him?"

"She has no idea." He took out the keys to his car. "We can ask his parents."

"Only if you drive faster."