12. Pink Carnations

Dedicated to xhikha

Anna's POV

I should have hired a lawyer, but I was ignorant about the situation. Norma and Daniel tried their best, but I trusted James. I simply wrote him an about my monthly expenses as an alimony, and it was high. I am planning to give Jamie a good life but the alimony I am getting is low.

My soon-to-be ex-husband is a billionaire.

It is enough for both of us to get a good life, but my husband, soon to be ex-husband can offer the best life. And this is why I don't want to compromise with Jamie's needs. I want him to attain the best school available, and even I am planning to get graduate. I wasn't able to graduate due to marriage.

I am not asking the half of his empire. I don't need it.

I looked at Norma playing with Jamie on the lawn. I was satisfied with the house. A decent house with a boundary, lawn, an outhouse, better locality and security and of course, Garage... I am in love with the garage. A perfect place for two cars.

As a child, I planned myself getting settle in this type of house. My dream home. This house has 4 bedrooms. I have already prepared the room for Cherish as per her likes. I remember everything about her. And, I am praying she remembers me. It's been two years that she was sent to boarding school.

I re-read the paper and relaxed again. This is my way of assuring myself that James is agreeing to take care of Cherish. But again, another clause..... I am supposed to have no contact with my daughter — because she is a Carter.

This is absurd.

Cherish is my daughter. My blood. She is mine more than theirs. The Carter daughter has known me most of her life. They were never present in her life. Never. Just because for the past two years, she is with them doesn't mean she will forget me. I am her mother. Her Best Friend.

After the last encounter with James, I don't trust him. I should never have trusted him, but I believed whatever I was taught. Everybody deserves a second chance. I already gave James multiple chances, chances of 16 years, but he always managed to fail me, and last time, I had to do the walk of shame because of him from his office.

Two years back, he was the one who took me out of his office late at night and saved me from the infamous walk of shame. Later that same night, he left and refused to even receive my call. It is not surprising to know that he never read any of my e-mails.

"Mommy... Jamie cried and run towards me. As His little feet approaches, I could feel all the pain crushing down under his feet. Oh, my boy. "Noma bad." He pouted and hugged my leg.

"Why?" I cooed him, taking him into my arms. He smells so much like Cherish. No matter what, I will never get enough of their smell.

"Noma bad." He pouted again.

"Jamie is a little moody today." Norma jogged towards us. "He wants to go out." She ruffled his brown hair.

The bundle of joy in my arms, moved his head to prevent the touch and when failed, he grabbed Norma's hand and bite them.

"Jamie..." I called him with my 'this-is-bad' voice. He took the hint and left those old hands. "What is wrong with you, baby?" I cooed him when I saw his big green eyes getting wet, again.

"Iwanpak." He mumbled with guilt.

Oh, my Jamie.

I will fill the lawn with the flower of Pink carnations which symbolizes a mother's pure and never-ending love..... For Jamie.

"Dear, he hasn't left the house since last month. We have been busy in settle down. He needs fresh air." Norma was serious. She didn't mind that a few seconds back, she was already hypnotized by a little monster in my arms. "He is a growing child."

****

"I think we should hire a lawyer. This alimony is not enough. And it is fixed. No chance of increasing in future. Inflation will shoot up and in future, this will not be enough for Jamie." I explained to Norma about my concern.

I was good at studies. Not only that, but I wanted to see myself in the field of Floristry, I loved flowers... Especially plant symbolism. My teachers called me ambitious. But all my dream was shattered and now, I am about to get a divorce, a single mother of two, with no proper education.

"Take your time... One step at a time. Focus on graduation and then do a job or business. You were good at gardening. Maybe a florist." Norma spoke the last word before we sat in silence. Luckily, she didn't mention my family again. She advised and I didn't like it. I am still not ready to face my family.

We watched Jamie playing with other kids. One of the boys was too energetic. Jamie and him.... An energetic combination and later, a puppy was added.

The trio was the centre of attention. Jamie squatted on grasses to the level of the puppy and the other boy was patting the puppy.

"Poor baby," I mumbled when I realized the puppy was actually a stray. "I think we should help him."

"I thought you would never notice." Norma was laughing.

When the boys approached me with the puppy following them, I took the puppy and took a good look at the little life in my arms. This little life was unrecognizable. I couldn't understand the breed but seeing him, I put that question at the back seat of my mind. I don't want to know the breed. I will help him.

"We are having a puppy." I cooed Jamie and both boys jumped.

"Are you sure?" A lady approached us... Seeing her, the new best friend of my son, run towards her. I immediately knew she is his mother. She has been watching her son just like us.

"Yes... This furry baby needs a home." Norma looked at me with pride.

"I was going to adopt him but...." The lady patted the yawning head of the muddy puppy. "By the way, I am Trina Jacobson... And this is Ryan." She introduced herself and her son while passing me the bouquet, she dusted the flower of Celandine she has in her hands.

"This little man is James, and I am Anna." I accepted the bouquet and remembered I saw the flower is Celandine, few days back on Norma. Joys to come. Why do I feel it means something?

The bouquet needed little arrangement, so I was arranging the puppy in my arm when Trina Jacobson interrupted me.

"You know how to decorate the flowers. The colour combinations are good... Have graduated in ...."

"No... I am planning to graduate, and then I will have my business." I was ashamed that I am in my 30s and still not educate, despite coming from a good family.

"Then you are talented... I have my flower little business. Maybe we could collaborate. I have been doing it alone but now, My shop is doing great, and I need help." She gave me her card. "And our sons are friends." She added.

"I would love to...." I was speechless.

"Then meet me at my shop then see if you can manage. And let's see what is good for us. It's simply business." She was being honest.

"Yes, it's simply business."

* Can you tell me the age of Anna?

Stay tuned.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
©Copyrights reserved