Bonus Chapter After Chapter 6

James

"You need sleep." Daniel looked at me. The only person who can multitask is Daniel.... Dan. He can look right into my soul while driving. As if he has another set of eyes looking only at me.

"I can't." I sighed, making a failed effort to relax. These past few days have been hectic. Especially, when I received the call from Norma about my wife trying to kill herself.

What the hell was she thinking?

Suicide is never an option.

She needed help, so I provided her with a psychiatrist. She needed space, I gave her freaking miles of space. Not only that, but she had everything she wanted... Needed. At least, she could have fought for Cherish. Our daughter is worth more than her depression.

"You should visit the Mansion more often." Daniel interrupted.

"To be the spectator of her drama...." I could feel scoff. "This could worsen her situation."

"That's your house."

"A little big for just 3 people." This time yawn.

"Your presence could help her," Daniel emphasised.

"You are very keen about my presence in the mansion. Is there anything you want to tell me?" Prioritizing my presence in the mansion has been a hot topic of Daniel since the beginning. He always suggested that I visit my wife but I couldn't. The guilt kills me.

That night, I simply lost my sanity. Cherish saw me, having sex with the personal assistant in my office. I wasn't having an affair... It was just in the heat of the moment. I still regret it. My daughter saw me cheating. She knows I am not a man of words. Her trust was broken. And, the tantrum that her mother threw was next level. She hit me. She dared to hit me.

Whenever my little wife is overwhelmed, she loses her composure. She freaks out. She thinks I would leave her.

Well, initially I planned to...

I still remember I was informed about Cherish... I hated it. I fucking hated my daughter. Malcolm was my desire. He was the son that I wanted. He deserves so much better... The world.

I refused to see her face. No matter, how much I hate her existence, I knew once I would see her I would drop my desire for Malcolm and will love her. She was my part. I had her when I lost my will to live. So, she was supposed to be my saver in Malcolm's absence. And like a coward, I decided not to see her to keep that hopeless longing for Malcolm.

"Trust me, if I start... I have a lot of things to say." Despite the neutrality, Daniel definitely mocked me... Does it matter?

Nah.

"Let's start with my favourite one then." I yawned..... Again.

"Let Cherish meet her mother."

"Her mother recently tried to kill herself... No unstable person will hover around my daughter." I snapped.

"Once you refused to see your daughter," he added.

"That was different."

"Don't tell me you didn't fall in love with her mother. You love her. You have their picture framed in your office... The real office."

"She's unstable... She imagines... I don't know what else goes in her mind... Every time she asks for money... Tell me... Is she on drugs?"

"No...."

"The truth..." I demand.

"That's the truth."

"Fine. I'll get it done by myself."

"You should have done a lot of things by yourself."

"Such as?"

"Meet her."

"She would ask for money."

"You know, the spouse is responsible for each other. If the other doesn't work then it's obvious the capable one should take financial responsibility...... And, don't forget. She's given you Cherish. She left her life for you."

"I never told her to stay. She could leave anytime. And don't call her my wife. She's not my wife. She never was."

"OK then." mumbling, he turned the car and I understood he was taking me to see that woman.

*****

I couldn't read a single word when this woman was sleeping in front of me. I have been able to get a nap and here, this woman is sleeping peacefully.

Her report seems normal. Luckily, she was brought here on time. Norma wouldn't have informed me if Daniel was available. She panicked.

She was incoherent... Couldn't form a word, when she called and I picked up the call. I assumed she needed me. She is next to mom to me. She's that special. I called Daniel and asked for her location. The old man knew something wasn't right. He didn't delay the procedure and informed me. We rushed.

Norma showed us what she found..... the mother of my child was unconscious. Daniel didn't delay and drove us here. The staff wanted to involve authorities but then money speaks. I hate to become the headline. If this news is out then it wouldn't be good for the image of my company. We recently invested in a few new companies.

Mark Rogers is a bastard. He demanded a good amount to settle this matter. It is as if any money is not enough for him. But he did a good job. I haven't read a single article about suicide or unstable spouse.... Or even about me.

Frustrated, I threw the file on the table. She's normal..... Just need some help.

I thought of various possibilities of getting caught before I walked to her. I noticed little dark circles. She hasn't been sleeping.

I don't care if she catches me starting when she opens her eyes.

"It seems you haven't been sleeping," I whispered so that she could not hear me saying that in her dreams..... She panics whenever she sees me.

Her eyes scream horror. That itself is a horrific experience. Her body shakes with fear... And, That lips of her wobbles whenever she tries to say..... Usually, it is an apology.

I don't need an apology. I simply needed Malcolm. She failed me.

Well, she could never give me Malcolm. He had a beautiful Carmel skin... Just like his mother. Those curly hairs bounced whenever he saw me.

But this woman... All her children will never be able to replace Malcolm. She is not Willa. Willa was a black woman; Her family was mixed race. I don't care. She was my wife... My love

"You need rest woman." I sat next to the mother of my child. "Let's give you some rest...I am tired of you... Let's play divorce."

Stay tuned.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
©Copyrights reserved.