13. Purple Tulip

Dedicated to FatamaFatama5

Anna's POV

“So, what do you think?” Trina chirped.

I thought Trina was joking, but she was serious about everything. She needed a partner and I need a job. She is offering me a partnership with the proper agreement, as Her husband is a lawyer.

Lawyer.

Should I ask for help from her?

I still have my doubts.

I still feel I won't be able to fight against Carter. They are the moneymaker. This family has the potential to buy anything ready to be sold in the market. Even emotions.

“I think it is fine.” I gave her a tight smile and started to read the paper. The partnership wasn't equal, but she offered something that I am not qualified at all, and this was more than enough for me. I will be able to make my money and then when I will be graduate, I'll try to make more with Trina.

I am not planning to leave Trina. She is a good woman who trusted me. She just asked me for my ID and address. This weekend we have planned lunch. Our sons are new best friends.

***

“Where is James?” Trina asked pulling the chair and sat next to me to help me with the arrangement of flowers of Purple Tulip which symbolizes rebirth.

“He is with Norma… But where is Ryan?” I was hoping to find a daycare for him. I can't ask Norma every time. She has done so much for me. She along with Daniel shifted to the outhouse of my house. I invited them to my house, but they said they love me, but they love their moment more than me. Honestly, I was jealous. They still love each other. Occasionally, I hear them laughing. They are living the life my mother told me would be mine.

She lied.

“Ryan is with mom.” Her answer disappointed me. I was hoping to learn about daycare, but…

“James looks younger for a 2-year-old kid.”

“He is not 2… Jamie will be 2 in the next 7 months.”

“Jamie….” She pronounced the name. “I am guessing James is his father's name.” She was amused.

I nodded.

She smiled. “James junior.”

“Yes… I admire James a lot.” I confessed. I haven't told anybody about it, but I have admired James since I was 9. When I first watched him on TV playing basketball, I knew this is my man. Now, he is my man, but he never called me his woman.

“Actually, you love him.” Trina teased me.

***

Norma held Jamie in her arms like he is her life. There is no room for doubt that she will be a fantastic grandmother to her grandchild. Susan is a lucky woman.

As for Susan and David, they are shifting here since Daniel is not willing to work for the Carter family. He didn't mention the reason, but I know something has happened.

Something is going on in the Carter family, and Daniel is keeping it a secret from us…. Even from Norma. He never does this… This is not Daniel's behaviour. This is serious.

“Noma… Round.” Jamie demanded.

“No, baby… Round is not good.” Norma cooed him.

“Noma… Round.” He pouted.

And this is it.

The winner is James Carter jr.

“He is clever.” I laughed at them.

“Just like Jay.” Norma looked in admiration. Even Norma loves James. The truth of James abusing me was hard for her. James used everything to abuse me, and it broke Norma more than me. She gave up on her Jay.

The goal of James abusing me was to convince me to divorce. At least, I want to keep believing in this theory. He always wanted a divorce, but I believed, marriage is forever. I never signed the divorce papers until now… More like I was forced to sign.

I refused for divorce. He begged me multiple times while he was drunk, but I was adamant. I planned to Never sign the divorce agreement. The effort was too much from him, but I acted like a stubborn kid. Little did James know, I always wanted to get married to him.

Marrying James was like a fairy tale for me. I secretly watched him playing on TV..... I was his fan. And when I saw him kissing the love of his life, Willa, on TV, I was jealous. I wanted her out of James's life. Maybe my prayer worked, but in a twisted way. I was in James's life and Willa was out of his life.

Willow Carter is dead — now.

“Should I talk to him?” Words left my mouth. It was involuntary. I didn't realize it until Norma gave me a surprised look.

“Didn't you talk to him last time?” She eyed me like I did something wrong.

Now… What should I do?

Admitting that I was raped by my husband is embarrassing for me, I have to lie again. Why am I committing sins nowadays?

“I am talking about alimony.” I managed to lie.

“What do you want?” She questioned back.

“Best for Cherish and Jamie.” I didn't think twice before answering.

“And how will you do that?”

“Money.....”

She was quiet.

“Alimony is enough. It's too much. But I wanted security for both of my kids. Then sometimes I feel, I should be independent, they would look up to me… I don't want them to see me as a weak mother. I want to inspire my children.” Suddenly, I realized what I was. Being a studious student, I was ambitious. I dreamt of my garden where it will be countless flowers, a variety of flowers… And I will have my flower shop. All my plans faded and today, I realized that I stopped pursuing my dreams.

“I will be by your side… Doesn't matter what is the outcome.” Norma passed me a proud smile. “And now, I have to take care of this little man while you check my apple pie… Guest is on the way.”

Equilibrium…. My balance… Suddenly, …a lot of emotion struck me. The wave of calmness hit me. It felt right. Like, something better, because I am not alone, Norma is with me.

I was busy with my work when I heard the doorbell. Norma opened the door and, As soon as I walked into the drawing-room, I saw a face that I didn't expect to see with Trina.

“Is that you, Anna?” I was asked, but my voice box didn't function.

Stay tuned.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
©Copyrights reserved