Chapter 5

Danielle's POV

Joseph had began his set and was doing great. He stared right at me most of the time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed. But speaking of, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a figure swiftly moving through the crowd. I couldn't see the person from the back of their head, but it felt as if I knew this person. I had to find out.

I jumped off of the bar stool and pushed through the crowd, following the person's path. Suddenly, I ran into someone. This person was a bit taller than myself with big curly hair. I knew who it was immediately.

"Sky?!" I exclaimed grabbing at her arms.

"Oh my god, Danielle!" She said back to me.

I looked at her with surprise and the realization hit me. "Was that..?" She opened her mouth to speak, but I ran off before she could get a word out. I threw the door open and walked outside looking left and right. As I turned the corner towards the street, I saw him. My heart dropped into my stomach. He was wearing all black and his hair was long, dreaded almost to his shoulders, but not quite there yet.

"JADEN!" I called out, but he didn't hear me. He was just getting into a car, I didn't have much time. "JADEN!! WAIT UP!" He turned around just as he stepped up into the van. "HOLD ON!" I yelled, but he shut the door and the van sped off. I stopped running and watched the vehicle as it drove off.

"Dani." I heard a voice behind me. Sky came up and put her hand on my shoulder. She looked at me with condolences, I knew she saw what just happened.

I gave her a weak smile and pulled her in for a tight hug. "God, I missed you. You just don't know, Sky."

"I miss you too girl. There's so much I need to tell you."

I released her from the hug and took her hand. "Come on, we can go backstage and talk. Are the guys here? And Willow?"

"Willow, no. The boys yes. They'll be excited to see you."

~*~

Jaden's POV

Dani hadn't come home from work. I constantly looked over at the clock on the wall as it slowly changed with every minute inching by. At that moment, it was 3:00 AM. 10 minutes later, it was still only 3:04 AM.

I paced the floor for hours, I did house work to try to keep myself busy, to try and not think of the worst. She hadn't called, but I'm sure she just forgot. It's late, but I'm sure the time just slipped away.

As I made what was probably my thousandth turn pacing the floor, I heard the lock click. I raced to the door, and before the key on the other side was fully turned, I unlocked the door and swung it open. Dani stood on the other side, startled for a second, but then calmed with a small smile.

"Oh hey babe," She said kissing my cheek, then walking past me into the house. "I didn't think you'd be up."

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked following her into the living room, then upstairs to our shared room. "It's like 3 AM, and you didn't even call. Were you at the studio the whole time?"

She sat on the bed and began taking her shoes off and undressing. "Yeah, this artist named Joseph and I had a jam session after his set. He's newly signed, like me, and really cool."

"And not one time did you think to call?" I asked, highly agitated.

"I forgot, I'm sorry." She said in defense. "I was working, what do you expect?"

"What do I expect?!" I raised my voice nearly yelling. "I expect you to be home at a decent hour, and I expect you to call if you're not! If we were in New York, yes this would be typical and maybe I'd tolerate it, but no, not this time."