Chapter 12

Jaden's POV (July 25th)

I sat at the breakfast table, joined by the boys and Izzie. I'm not sure why she decided to come by so early, I guess she got suspicious when I sent her home after our walk yesterday.

Conversation was dead. The boys didn't really enjoy Izzie's company; and neither did she enjoy theirs to be honest. It took a while for her to learn to deal with them. She eventually figured out that I'd pick them over her any day. I guess that says a lot about her as a girlfriend... And even more about me as a boyfriend.

"Goodmorning, gentlemen." Sky's voice cut through the silence as she walked in the kitchen with Danielle not far behind. She had a mischievous smirk on her face, making me wonder what she was up to.

"Hey, I'm here too." Isabel said.

"Oh, damn. I was thinking Moises had gotten a new monkey..." Sky joked sitting beside Mateo. "Sorry."

I knew Isabel wanted to retaliate, but Danielle's voice interrupted catching everyone's attention.

"Hey, Jaden." She said handing me a balled up piece of clothing. I unraveled the garment that came to be a pair of my boxers. But they were old, ones that I'd given Dani a long time ago. "How about not leaving your delicates in my room at night. It's kinda weird don't you think?"

"W-What? I-I didn't..."

"Damn... He's done for..." I heard Sky's voice say softly.

I looked at Isabel who had an expression of utter shock. "Isabel, she's joking. I promise, this isn't real, I didn't--"

"Save it." She said then abruptly left, slamming the front door behind her.

Everyone was laughing hard. "Good one, Dani." Sky commended, giving Danielle a high five. She looked at me with the same smirk she came in with.

I took a deep breath and just smiled at the prank. There wasn't much I could do at this point, Izzie wasn't going to even try to hear me out right now. Even I had to admit, it was clever. "Good job, Summers. You got me this time... But there's nothing sweeter than revenge."

~*~

Danielle's POV

I sat at the restaurant table with Sky and Moises waiting for Jaden and Teo return back from the bar. I'd been on my toes all day waiting for Jaden to strike his revenge.

I felt pretty proud of my prank this morning. I got the idea when I was going through my bags and came across a pair of boxers Jaden had lent to me a while back. Honestly, I thought he'd be more upset about it. I mean, surely he's going to get hell from Isabel-- maybe me too.
"Hey, Dani." Sky whispered across the table. "Don't look, but we have an owl at 3:00. T minus 1:30 until he approaches, get your suit on."

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"There's a guy at the bar, four seats from Mateo." I looked over and sure enough, there was a guy at the bar watching. He smiled widely when he saw me looking back. He stood and started walking our way. "Okay so he's coming this way. Act natural everyone." Sky said, then began to stuff her face with her appetizer salad.

"Hello. My name is Jsol." He said when he approached. His heavy accent was the first thing I noticed. He was a tall guy with short hair and a small beard.

"Hey, I'm Danielle." I said and held out my hand.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked.

"Are you sure you're not a serial killer?" Moises asked.

I laughed at his confused reaction. "Let's go get that drink, huh?"

He nodded his head and we walked back towards the bar. "Um... I'm sorry, your friend just caught me off guard." He said as we sat down.