Chapter 10

Jaden's POV

"Danielle?" I asked in shock. "Wha- What are you doing here?"

"Happy Birthday, Jaden. I just thought I'd drop by and give you your present." She extended a box towards me but I was too frozen to even look at it.

Danielle had literally just shown up at  my door. After 3 years and only one encounter, she stood there with a smile on her face, and a box in hand. I didn't know what to do. I stood there, didn't say a word.

"Jaden, who's at the door?" Sky's voice rang behind me bringing me out of my trance.

"Come in." I told Danielle, and closed the door behind her as she stepped in the house. I turned to see Sky walking in the house. They stopped in their tracks wide eyed when they saw her. "Guys look who it is... Danielle."

"Oh shit..." Sky said under her breath.

"Baby, are you coming back upstairs or not?" Isabel yelled downstairs. In no time, she had run down and entered the foyer. "Jaden, what are you—" She stopped. "Who's this?"

"Oh shit..." Sky mumbled again, with a hint of laughter in her voice.

"Izzie, this is Danielle. Danielle this is Isabel my... My uhh... My—"

"Girlfriend." Izzie said sternly. She walked over to Danielle and shook her hand. "I'm his girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you." Dani greeted nicely. "I just came by to drop off this present."

"So I guess you should be on your way." Izzie said rudely, I could tell Danielle took offense.

"Actually, how about you stay for a while, Dani." Sky said and walked over to take the present from Danielle's hands. She shoved it into mine and led Danielle outside, but not before Danielle gave Izzie a condescending smirk. "At least you're actually wanted here."

Isabel scoffed at the insult we all knew was directed towards her. "Jaden Christopher—-"

"Do not say my full name."

"Are you serious?! What is your ex-fiancée doing here?!"

"I don't know, I didn't invite her."

"Then tell her to leave!"

"No that's rude!" Izzie looked offended by my refusal. "It's fine Izzie, what's there to worry about?"

"Everything." She muttered, and stormed upstairs.

I took a deep breath feeling my heart pound and my stomach knot itself making me queasy. "Shit."

~*~

Danielle's POV

It's now nearly midnight and I'd been here at the Smith's all day. I can't say I'm not enjoying myself, it's been a blast, but Jaden is being hella awkward. He won't be in the same room as me for more than two minutes, and he's barely said two words to me since I got here.

As rude as his girlfriend was when I arrived, I'm sure she's the source of the issue. The same girl that I saw with Jaden that day he told me to meet him at SugarFish after our breakup. The same girl I saw kiss him and hold his hand, even now she's still trying to one up me; and I don't even know her.

I looked through the pantry for a good midnight snack. I hadn't really eaten all day and I was starving. I was almost done with my banana, and was about to dig into a piece of cake. I'd sprinkled crumbs of Doritos on top and had ice cream on the side, I'd created perfection. I heard two voices start coming downstairs, Jaden and Isabel. I put my ear to the door of the kitchen to get a better listen.