Chapter 21

Third Person POV

Kissing Moises was pleasant. It was a gentle sort of pleasant, like lying in a hammock on a summer day with a book and a glass of lemonade. It was the sort of thing you could keep doing and not feel bored or apprehensive or disconcerted or bothered by, well except the small camera that she was laying on.

"Ugh," She groaned, reaching and pulling the camera from under her.

"What's wrong? Am I hurting you?" Moises raised himself on his side looking concerned.

"No, not you, your camera... Now where were we?"

"Well I was kissing you here," He planted his lips on hers, "And I was on my way here." Then moved down her neck. A soft gasp escaped her mouth when he found her sweet spot and began sucking on it gingerly.

"Moises," She said almost breathlessly. "Stop."

"What's wrong now?" He asked, pushing himself up a bit.

"Nothing, I just... I don't want to take it too far. I'm sorry but--"

He half closed his eyes, his mouth curving into a smile. "It's okay. I'm totally fine with that."

She let out a breath of small air, and began to laugh. "So you don't want sex?" She grinned playing with the matted locks in his hair.

He caught her hand with his and pinned her to the bed, looking at her gravely. "Well, I never said that." She laughed and pushed him off of her, standing from the bed. He was shocked. "I didn't mean I ONLY want sex but--"

"Calm down, it's okay. I have to go back to Dani's."

"Oh ok... You can't stay?"

"Sky says we have to stay there now. Some committed sisterhood thing... Honestly, I'm just happy that they acknowledge me, much less consider me a sister. I've never had that before."

Moises smiled. "You're a MSFT... One of us. Always."

~*~

Danielle's POV

I sat at the breakfast table in the kitchen with Jaden across from me on the other side. I held a hot cup of coffee in my hands, occasionally taking small sips to occupy my mind. The earliest flight I could get out to New York wasn't until 5 am tomorrow. It's only 11 now, and every second seems to be getting slower and slower.

Jaden and I hadn't said a word in two hours. We just sat in silence. I was happy he stayed with me. After I got the news, I just... Panicked. Jaden stayed, and he held me until I was able to function again-- the loosest definition of it.

"Honey, I'm home!!" Sky's voice rang through the house. I could hear two pairs of footsteps; the second I assumed to be Malia.

"In here!" Jaden yelled back.

They came straight to the kitchen. Sky's big smiles faded as soon as she saw me. We were like twins, she always knew when something was off-- and vise versa. "What's going on?"

"It's my mom..." I said, my first words in a while. "She's been in a car accident. She's in emergency surgery right now."

Sky's mouth dropped open. She walked over to me, taking my hands off of the coffee cup and into her own. She moved my chin to look at her, still holding my hands. "It's not the same. She'll be okay."

I slightly chuckled-- it could've easily been mistaken as a hiccup. Sky knew me so well. She's just what I need right about now. "Thank you."

"I'll pack my bags for the flight." She said, placing a kiss on the top of my head, then leaving for upstairs.

Malia stood near the stove of the kitchen, obviously not knowing where she fit in the equation. Although we haven't known her long, I still felt a connection with her, and I know she felt it too. With all of us.

"Malia." I said bringing her out of her bubble. She looked up at me with surprise. "Do me a favor?" She nodded her head. "Pack our bags please."

"Our..?" She asked confused.

"Yeah, I just haven't had to time to pack my own. I was just hoping you could throw some of my clothes in a bag while you did yours."

Finally getting my invitation, she smiled. "Of course, I'd love to." She went the same way Sky did upstairs and disappeared.

"That's nice of you." Jaden said after a minute. "Letting her come along on the flight. I'm sure Moises will appreciate it."

I shrugged. "It's not for him... Barely for her." Before I knew it, a question I'd been pondering for a while slipped from my mouth. "Why did you hold me the way you did when... You know..."

"You needed to be held."

"But you held me like.. Like you really cared for me..."

"Because I do care." His put his hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. "I'll always care about you." Jaden's hands moved to cover mine. "Danielle, I know I've been wishy-washy since you got back... I'm sorry."

"I've heard that more times in the past two months than in the 10+ years that I've known you. Buy 'em in bulk if you're ganna hand it out like that."

He sighed. "I know... I just... I said that to say that I'm here for you. And despite this little track record, I'm not going anywhere." I looked up at his face seeing that he'd been looking at me the whole time. Straight faced and serious. "No matter how long, I'm not going anywhere. I promise." I quickly wiped away the tear falling out of my eye. I could tell Jaden was sincere. I felt conflicted in my heart. Like happiness was trying to wash over my pain, but the darkness was just too much. I closed my eyes. "I promise, Dani."