Chapter 6

(Augustus's POV)

After Valentina completed her examination with the child, she gives her another protein biscuit and the girl approaches me as I eat a plate of chicken alfredo that Valeria cooked for me. Emilia looks at me before raising her arms, so I put my fork down then pick her up and place Emilia on my lap. I pick up my fork and continue to feed on the delicious pasta as she finishes her biscuit. Emilia stares at the cuisine, then she pats the wooden table, telling me that she wants some too. My eyes glance to Valetina, and she nods at me that it's fine. Without a word, I poke a piece of chicken before placing it close to her mouth. Emilia opens her mouth then eats the poultry...

Me: Is it yummy, sweetie?

Emilia: *Nods* Mmhm! Yummy!

Me: Want some more?

Emilia: Ya!

Me: Okay! *Feeds her more* Not too much! Not too much!

Emilia: Nom! Nom! *Pats her belly* I'm full!

Me: Alright! Um... *Gestures* Go play with Valeria, okay?

Emilia nods cutely, so I put her on the ground, and she waddles to the redhead. Valeria puts down her book before handing a teddy bear to the girl. The two-year-old child squeals in happiness as she plays with the stuffed animal. Valeria claps and smiles at the girl; I chuckle at the adorable duo then continue to eat my dinner. The door opens as Celestine comes out of the bathroom in her Sororitas nightgown. The Saint approaches me with a seductive stride then sits across me.

Celestine: So, enjoying the child's company?

Me: *Finishes my food* I am... She's... *Looks at the girl* She's a lovely gem. *Smile* Even though we had her for two hours, I will kill anyone who tries to harm that child.

Celestine: Daawwwwhhhh~. Is Custodian Augustus going soft~?

Me: *Buffs up* No! I am not, Saint Celestine! I will still destroy the cults of chaos!

Unexpectedly, Emilia pushes against my leg with the teddy bear she's holding. The little girl keeps bumping into my leg with her plush until my heart melts and I fall onto the ground, pretending to be defeated. Emilia climbs onto my chest before standing up and raising her plush in glory.

Emilia: I win! I win! I wiiiiiinnnn!

Valeria: *Adorable clapping*

Valentina: Eeeeeee!!! I want children~!

Celestine: As do I~.

Emilia: Yay! I win!

Me: *Pets her head* You won, darling~. *Sits up then hugs her* Aw, you're so darn cute for this world~!

Emilia: *Smiles and hugs me* Daddy!

Me: *Blushes* Oh!

Celestine: Aw, that's just...

Valentina: Precious!

Me: Yeah... *Looks at the time* It's time to go to bed, it's 11:45 PM. I bet tomorrow will be a big day. *Picks her up then stands* Let's head to bed, so we'll have energy in the morning. Is that okay with you, Emilia?

Emilia: *Nods* Yeah!

Me: Alright! Let's go to sleep!

Emilia: Yey!