Chapter 18

(Augustus's POV)

I kneel before Saint Celestine and Emilia; it's time for them to go to Terra for a while. It was hard to convince Emilia to go with Celestine because she wanted to stay with me and the others. However, the three cruisers orbiting Remnant detected an incoming hostile vessel traveling through the Warp. The crew confirmed that the ship belonged to the Butcherhorde Warband, and I know that Kharn is their Chaos Lord. I am not risking my pregnant wife and daughter to be in the line of fire. Anyway, I say my final goodbyes to Emilia and Celestine.

Me: Well, this is it... Sadly, we have to part like this. *Deep inhale* It hurts my two hearts to see you leave. I don't know if I'll see you again.

Celestine: Don't say that, Augustus. *Caresses my face* You will see us again and your newborn son! Have faith! The Emperor is with us! Always!

Emilia: *Raises her arms* For the Emperor!

Me: Aw~. *Hugs her* You behave, Emilia. Be good to your mother, okay?

Emilia: Yes, papa!

Me: Good girl! *Stands* Now go, have a safe trip back to Terra.

Celestine picks up the little girl before kissing my cheek and walking to the Orion Assault Dropship. A few Sisters of Silence escort the mother and child to the vehicle; the door closes as the Dropship ascends and flies away. I give them a final goodbye wave as the spacecraft flies into the outer atmosphere. Valentina comforts me as a little tear rolls down my face.

Valentina: We'll see them again, Augustus... 

I slowly nod before walking away from the launch pads; I must train with my brother for this upcoming battle. This Warband is infamous for their savagery, and their chaos lord is my arch-nemesis, Kharn.

 This Warband is infamous for their savagery, and their chaos lord is my arch-nemesis, Kharn

(A/N: ROLL THE INTRO!)

The Imperial Fist Marines rigorously train the students, showing them weak spots in the traitor space marines' armor. The Techmarines and Mechanicus are upgrading the defensive weapons of Vale. I am sparring with my Custodian comrades; Javier and I exchange blows between our Guardian Spears. I shove Javier back before roundhouse-kicking the Shield-Captain onto a ceramite wall. My opponent stands up and rushes toward me with his spear. I switch to my zweihander and change my combat stance.

Me: Hmph! *Eyes glow* LET'S DANCE, JAVIER!

Javier swings his spear at me, but I block his attack with my sword. We clash our weapons before pushing him back; his feet slide on the ground, and then we start to trade blows at light speed. Bystanders watch our deadly duel; our arms are blurred because of our fast reflexes. Suddenly, Javier grabs his short sword and attempts to stab my shoulder. In response, I grab his wrist and prevent his sword from stabbing my body. Javier starts to kick me in the stomach a few times to force me into submission. He was about to kick me for the twelfth time, but I blocked his attack with my free hand before right-hooking his face. However, I drop my sword onto the floor, and Javier kicks my weapon away once he recovers from my punch.