Chapter 15

(Augustus's POV)

After enjoying our tacos, I study the wreckage of the Atlesian Colossus along with a few Techpriests. CV-916 scans the destroyed cockpit, but he's not impressed with the layout. I don't blame him because the inhabitants claim that they're the most advanced humans, but their tech crumbles beneath us.

CV-916: Mmm... This cockpit layout is pointless! The windshield is made up of 'bullet-proof' glass, but during the battle, it's a massive weak point! Additionally, the armament of this so-called mech is terrible.

Me: It is! Here's the list of things! *Reads the list* A Dust Cannon, missile pods, a hard-light shield, and the dumbest weapon... A fucking Hand Drill. *Looks around* Who the fuck would attach a hand drill on a fuckin' titan? Like... What the fuck?

CV-916: It's stupid... Hmmm... We must destroy this techno-heresy! *Points at it* DELETE IT!!!

Me: *Look at several Terminators* Well, guys... You heard the Techpriest! DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!

Black Templar Terminator: With pleasure!

We step away from the wreckage as the squad of Terminators starts to destroy the titan with assault cannons, thunder hammers, and power fists. While they destroy the mech, my crew and I leave the battlefield via Thunderhawk. Tatiana leans on my arm while eating a spicy taco; I roll my eyes and then wrap my arm around her.

Tatiana: *Offers* Want some?

Me: No thanks, I had enough tacos for today.

Tatiana: Alright, that works for me. *Nom* Mmm! Tasty!

Me: Heh... *In my head* I wonder how Ozpin is dealing with this, probably not well...

--Meanwhile, in Haven Academy--

(3rd POV)

Ozpin slams his fist on the table in Leonard's office after hearing the loss of Atlas's titan mech and army. Lionheart gulps in fear as Ozpin starts ranting angrily about the Imperial forces closing in. Several students hear his angry yells from the other side of the door, and they start sweating nervously. Pyrrha and her team are in their dorm while Team RWBY is playing Remnant: The Game to de-stress. The red-haired Spartan is sitting on her bed rubbing the cheek where Augustus punched her. Tears start collecting in her eyes before rolling down her face; Ruby sees her tears and then stops playing to comfort her.

Ruby: Hey, are you alright, Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: *Shakes her head* No...

Ruby: *Sees the bruise* What happened to your cheek?

Pyrrha: *Sniffles then sighs* I went to Atlas to check if there were any survivors, but one of those Eldar guards found me. She asked me what I was doing there, so I answered her honestly. The Aeldari understood before asking me to leave, but I asked her if Augustus/Jaune was there. 

Ruby: You... You went to Atlas by yourself... Pyrrha, you should've had some company with you!

Pyrrha: I should've... I was a fool.

Ruby: Anyway, continue... What happened? Did she let you see him?

Pyrrha: Yes, she escorted me to the repurposed Atlesian academy where we went to the Grand Library. I opened the door and then enter the library to find him. 

Ruby: What was he doing?

Pyrrha: He was... Reading... Shirtless with one candle aflame...

Ruby: Do you know what he was reading?

Pyrrha: No... Like that would ever matter. *Sighs* Anyway, we started to engage in a conversation, where I tried to convince him to cease this crusade. However, he countered my proposal while teleporting to random places. He's colder than usual, and his mercy on this planet is at its minimal. He told me that he will not hesitate to kill his biological family.