Chapter 16

(Augustus's POV)

Valeria, a ghost of the Emperor, and I are chilling at Junior's Club, playing Uno, AKA the ultimate family breaker, at Junior's Club. My father smokes a cigarette while I wait for Valeria to make her move. The bar environment is surprisingly peaceful, and a woman plays the piano to add to the vibe.

As we wait, the Emperor puts the cigarette on an ashtray before glancing at me with a smile

As we wait, the Emperor puts the cigarette on an ashtray before glancing at me with a smile. My right brow rises in return, then I place the cards face down.

Emperor: So, son.

Me: Yes, father?

Emperor: I heard that you impregnated Celestine.

Me: Yeah, and? What about it?

Emperor: Should I help you with how to raise kids?

Me: No, I'm okay with that. Besides... *Sips my tequila* I'm doing excellent with Emilia, who turned three yesterday.

Emperor: Aw, I missed that. *Smirks* Tell her that I said happy birthday, will you?

Me: Oh, I won't forget.

Emperor: Don't spoil her now.

Me: Tch, I won't spoil her that much!

Valeria looks at me with a face that says, "That's some bullshit, Augustus. You spoil her almost every day!" I chuckle at Valeria's response before leaning back in my chair, but I hear creaking from my seat. Before I can react, the chair collapses under my weight and I fall on my ass. My father howls in laughter as Valeria holds back her giggles. I stand up and look at the destroyed wooden chair.

Me: What... What the fuck? Why did my chair break?

Emperor: You're getting fat, son!

Me: You're so funny... *Throws the chair away* Damn chair! Piece of shit! *Sighs* It Looks like I have to kneel.

Emperor: *Slides back* Oh, shit! He's getting on his knees!

Me: Fack you! I only kneel when it's necessary and that time has come.

Emperor: Ha! He said come! Point at him and laugh!

The Emperor and Valeria point at me, but my father is the only one who laughs. After this awkward laugh, I drag a steel chair before sitting down. 

Me: Okay... Valeria, have you made your move yet?

The Sister of Silence gives me a smug expression before placing a +4 wild card in front of me and changing the color from red to green. My jaw drops because my last card is red, so I accept my fate and grab the 4 cards. Unfortunately, they're not green, the set is a mix of blue and yellow. The Emperor of Mankind laughs at my demise before placing a green 7 on the stack.