Chapter 14

(Augustus's POV)

I stare down at the Knight-Commander of the Sisters of Silence, the Witchbane, and the Soulless Queen, Jenetia Krole. She is a fucking badass; her anathema is stupidly powerful to the point that Astartes soldiers have to keep their distance from her. Hell, she bested me in a duel one time because she was unpredictable and quick on her feet. Though Jenetia doesn't talk, she is an excellent mentor for the Knight-Commander taught me the ways of communicating with her sisters. Also, she had an altercation with Kharn the Betrayer, and she barely got out alive. Fortunately for her, my company of Custodians found her and took her back to Terra for treatment. Anyway, she approaches me before stabbing her massive greatblade into the ground.

 Anyway, she approaches me before stabbing her massive greatblade into the ground

I sheathe my sword before greeting the seasoned veteran via sign language.

Me (Sign Language): Greetings, Knight-Commander Jenetia Krole. Welcome to Remnant, I hope you will enjoy your time here. 

Jenetia (Sign language): Oh, Shield-Captain Augustus Aurelius, it is great to see you again after several millennia. How is Valeria treating you? I hope she is behaving like a proper lady. 

Me (Sign language): Well, she is proper with my group, but with others... She needs improvement.

Jenetia (Sign language): How so?

Me (Sign language): She flipped off almost everyone that tries to interact with her.

Jenetia (Sign language): Well, why do you think my sisters and I call her 'Sass-ter' Valeria? 

Me: Hahaha! Oh, shit... That's funny as fuck. 

Jenetia (Sign language): Anyway, I heard you needed me for something. What is the matter, Brother Augustus? Psykers?

Me (Sign language): *Nods* Yes, I believe that there are several of these psykers around this planet. However, there are two significant psykers whose names are Ozpin and Salem.

Jenetia (Sign language): I see... *Closes her eyes* I can sense their presence.

Before I can continue the conversation, we hear my daughter, Emilia, calling my name from the office. 

Emilia: Daddy?

Me: *Sighs and smiles* Yes, honey?

Emilia: Can we go play with Uncle Justinian?

Me: Not now, darling. He getting his routine check-up with the Techmarines.

Emilia: Aaawwww...

Jenetia (Sign language): I didn't know you have a daughter! Additionally, I didn't know you Custodians can procreate!

Me: Yeeeeaaahhhh, however Emilia is my adopted daughter! *Looks at the doorway* Emilia! Come here, please!

Emilia: Okay, daddy!

The toddler enters the living room with her teddy bear in her hands, then she hops onto my lap like a bunny. I wrap my arms around the girl, and Jenetia looks at Emilia with wide eyes. The Knight-Commander claps her hand together and smiles under her silver mouthpiece. Emilia glances at the leader of the Silent Sisters before leaning to the Vigil Commander. Jenetia picks her up and hugs her, but Emilia is slightly uncomfortable because of the cold armor.