chapter3: the first date"

After zack left a met a boy on my way home named chris . he was blonde and worked as a lifeguard at the beach. I put on a black crop top and some skinny jeans and walked out the house. I met up with him at Mary ane's dinner.
"Hey sexy you look hot!"
"Um... Thanks but I have a name you know its raven."
"Haha the the fucking bird come on who was dumb ass enough to name a hot girl like you after a ugly ass bird!"
"OK jack ass first my dad named me that because he loves animals and second call me by my name !"
"Chill babe I'm j- before he could finish I threw a drink at him and left the dinner.
When I got home my dad was sitting on the couch watching TV.
" hey dad sorry about earlier. " I don't mean to snap and to make it up to you I was hoping I could work at your pet shop with you. It'll give me a chance to spend time with you and work on becoming a veterinarian technition.
"Sure sweetheart I'd like that a lot." I sit down on the couch with him and watch bones. The next morning dad comes in my room smiling with joy.
"Guess what I found in the basement?"
"$100"
"You wish I did." I found your guitar! Its been here since the divorce. Here try it out. Play a song we both well knew... "Nothing left to lose" by Kari kimmel . dad used to play it for me to go to sleep at night. When I was finished playing I looked up to see dad smiling.
"Make sure to get dressed for work and keep playing kido next thing you know you'll get a gig for a fancy place in vagas!" He walks out the door huming the song uptown funk . i put on a sleeping with sirens tank top and buckle skinny jeans. I get in the car with dad and we drive off to the shop. When we arrive I head over to the wall and turn on the lights. I haven't been here since I was ten.
"For your job you'll be taking care of the animals and helping people pick out one." You think you can do that?
"Dad of course I can do that."
Two girls walk in the shop and head behind the counter.
"That's Sam and Becky they work here as well." As I was working I got to talk to Sam and Becky and get to know them. Sam had short brown hair and was a tomboy like me while Becky had purple short hair and is a total girly girl. 
"Hey raven we were going to Mary ane's dinner today did you want to come", asked Sam.
" sure."
"Awesome", squeeled Becky.