chapter 5- old habbits come back

I grab the guitar from off my bed and begin to play. I feel happy as I play each chord one by one. My door opens and my dad enters the room.
"Hey today is a me and you day so up." He walks over to me and drags me out the room. He picks me up and carries my to the kitchen. I take a seat in the chair in front of the counter.
"You know I could have just walked down stairs by myself right?"
"Yeah but you walk slower than a sloth in the morning." He places a carton of eggs , peppers, sausage, fruit, hash browns , and bacon on the counter.
"So were making breakfast?" Cool, I said throwing a blueberry at him. It plops down on his nose then falls to the floor.
"What was that for?"
"Calling me slow as a sloth."
He bursts out laughing as he mixes the pepper and sausage together to make our omelent. I cook the hash browns and bacon. Once we were done we sat at the counter and ate. When I was finished eating I pick up a grape and throw it at him.
"Oh this mean war young lady." We start throwning fruit at each other. I take cover behind the counter. We were both covered in bits of fruit. We cleaned up the kitchen and then took a seat on the couch.
"Hey so about you and that boy Zack."
"Dad he's just a friend nothing more."
"I know I just was saying that if you dared him I wouldn't be mad just curious why you don't date guys like me."
I wanted to tell him because it's weir but instead my stupid self had to say," because I don't pick what types of boys to go out with I just end up with them." It wasn't a lie but it was a little off the truth.
"Sure and by you saying that your saying I don't want to date your 18 year old twin."
" yeah that pretty much sums it up."
"Well I have to go fill out some papers so I guess your home free." I had fun though even when you threw fruit at me.