chapter 4- the boy

Once we enter the dinner we take a seat
By the window. Sitting at the table behind Sam and Becky was... Zack! He glanced up from his book and smiled at me. I was still wearing a surprised look on my face when Becky and Sam looked back to see who I was staring at.
"It seems like you like him", said Becky. We should invite him over. Becky walks over
To zack and asks him to come over. He gets up and walks with Becky to the table.
" Becky why do you always have to ask an guy over?"
"Because its saturday." And I feel like it. So zack how do you know raven?
"I ran into her with my bike on accident." Then we became sort of friends.
"Interesting ... So do you have a job or a cute best friend who's single?"
"Um... Yes and I don't know how to answer that last one", laughed zack.
" ok Becky you need to stop interagating him", said Sam. He probably now thinks raven has crazy friends and one of them stalks people.
"That wouldn't be the craziest thing that happened to me before."
" like what", asked Becky leaning in closely.
"When I was 10 I was in a play and had to dress up as a sheep." But my mom forgot and had me go as a poodle.
They all start laughing once I finish the story. Becky was laughing so much that she fell out the seat. Sam tried to hide her laughter but a few snickers here and there snuck out.

“So where do you work”, I asked zack.

“I work at the car repair shop by Joe’s bikes.” Here’s their card.

Billy’s car shop

Call: 330-678-0090

You buy the car, we fix it. You’re happy!

“And the whole friend thing.” I have a friend named jack who works with me at the shop.

“Cool and that’s only Becky who’s interested in that.”

After we eat and talk some more me, Becky, and Sam part ways with Zack.

“He’s cute”, said Becky.

“Becky you think all guys are cute and if not then sexy”, said Sam. Like that guy right there. She pointed at the boy fixing his bike across the street. What do you think about him?

“He’s … omg forget this shit he’s hot as hell!” we laugh and talk about Becky liking boys all to Sam’s car.  After Sam and Becky drop me off I head into the house to find my dad.

"Dad I’m home.”

“I’m in the back hold up just a bit.” Dad comes from the backyard with his hands and knees covered in oil and dirt.

“What the hell were you doing out there?”

“I was trying to fix the jeep I had in the garage so you can have a car to drive.” But I needed to get my other tool box so that’s why I was in the back. We walk to the garage and there it was. A blue jeep sitting in the garage its wheels covered in oil from dads attempt to fix a car.  

“I know someone who can fix cars well.”

“Can you call them?” if I do anymore to this car I’ll go crazy.  

I call zack and ask him to come over to fix the car. In an half an hour Zack arrives at my house.

“So what’s the problem with the car?”

“That’s exactly why I called you.”

He walks over to the car and examines it. After an hour has passed he’s finally finished with the car.

“Okay so your car just needed a few tweaks but now it’s perfectly fine and fixed.” If you have any more trouble with your car just call.

“Thanks a lot young man I really appreciate it.” I didn't quite catch your name.

“It’s Dylan, I’m a friend of ravens.” I turn my head trying to avoid his gaze.

“Well its nice meeting you.”

“It was nice meeting you too.” See you around raven. Zack winks at me before leaving our driveway and drives away.

“It looks like you two are friendly.”

“Dad he’s just a friend nothing more.” And also thanks for the car dad it means a lot.

My dad smiles as I walk in the house. Tonight I cooked dinner for the both of us and then went in my room. I stayed up until 12p.m. practicing chords and trying to play the song “strays” by sleeping with sirens. By one in the morning I was asleep.