chapter 6 - kiss me while it lasts

i get my phone from off my bed and call zack.
"Hey I was calling to see if you wanted to hang out."
"Sure I'd love to."

"Cool meet me at the pier." I hung up the phone and get dressed. I put on some shorts and a gauze strappy tunic. Once I met up with Zack we headed to the carnival at the edge of the pier.

"Let's go on the rollercoaster over there."

"Sure let's go." He grabs my hand and we get in line. Once the ride starts to move I stiffen my body and prepare for the scary parts. As we get further and further up the ride we stop. Moments later were dropping down the track at fast speed. I scream at my heart out laughing as we go through loops and more hills. Zack's laughing too and has his hands up. We go on all the rides at the carnival.

"That was so cool!"

"Hey raven over there." He leads me to a photo booth and we get in. as we wait for the flash we begin to pose. First we made a silly face, pretended to sophisticated, and then we just smiled. After we got the pictures we walked on the beach.

"Have you ever thought what would happen if what happened in your life didn't happen", asked zack.

"Yeah, but there's nothing you can do about it." Last one in the water is a rotten egg. I splash zack with water in his face. He runs over and picks me up. We both fall into the water becoming soaking wet. He brings his face close to mine and kisses me. Our tongues intertwine with each others. The kiss feels like it lasts forever. When I finally manage to pull away for air I'm drawn back to him. he walks me home and kisses me goodbye. i run upstairs and call becky and sam.
"He what", yelled Becky. And you now just tell us this as if we wouldn't care.
" I knew you liked him", said Sam. And Becky your over reacting.
"Hell no I'm not." Sam she kissed him and we weren't there to see the action. This is like living in a movie.
"Only you would say that."

"What", said Becky. It is just think about it he is the guy who no one knows but falls for, she's the mysterious girl with a past, Sam you're the tomboy friend who is supper honest and straight forward, and I'm the amaze balls awesome friend who comes up with all the awesome ideas.

I burst out laughing for a moment before Sam joins in.

"What is so funny guys?" I don't get the joke I mean I am awesome.

"Were not laughing... at... that", I managed to say between laughs. Were laughing at the word you used. Why do you plan to make us laugh to death?

"I think she's trying to steal our awesomeness over the phone and use it to make an amaze balls boyfriend.

"I would... how dare you!" I can get a boyfriend all on my own.

"We were just joking Becky chill."

"Chill my ass you guys are cruel."

"Becky were just showing how much we love you", said Sam. And to stop your crazy mad scheme from coming to mind, she mumbled.

"I heard that Sam", said Becky. But I forgive you both since I can be... a little naive.

"A little doesn't describe it", I mumbled.

"What was that rav-ack", said Becky.

"You did not just give us a ship name.

" Bitch you can bet your ass on it", said Becky.

"I think it's kind of cute", said Sam. Hey lets switch to Skype instead of the phone.

We all get on Skype and have a three way conversation.

"Ok so what's wrong with rav-ack I mean it's cute", said Sam giggling. Or how about zaven? That seems cute.

"Oh or I got ran over by a bike", laughed Becky. She busted out laughing her cheeks flushed with red.

"Look who's being MEAN now." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"That's what Im here for when you need me", said Becky. Besides that's what friends do.

I remembered all the times I had with sindeny when I thought she was my friend. I guess all friendships don't last but this one it seems like it will. At least I hope... for now.