By your side, mon amour

A heavily pregnant Arthur walked around the room with his hand on his hip, he huffed out a heavy breath as a hard contraction rippled through him, Francis walked beside him, keeping a hand placed on his lower back.

Arthur was currently in labor, he walked around for a bit more, then froze in place, feeling a hard pain, followed by a gush of fluids, he quickly looked down and saw that his water broke.

He gripped Francis' arm and panted. "Francis, my water broke"

Francis' eyes went wide. "Ok, let's get you into the bath tub, love" he walked with a trembling Arthur to the bathroom, helping him settle down into the warm water.

Arthur sighed softly once his sore body settled into the warm water, he stretched his legs out as much as possible while sitting in the bathtub, his large belly sticking up out of the water.

He softly panted, beads of sweat gathering at his brow and slowly making their way down his face, one hand laid on his belly and the other hand gripped onto the side of the bathtub, Francis gently rubbed his shoulder.

"Shh, easy my love, easy. Just concentrate on your breathing" he whispered soothingly

"I-I'm trying... It hurts" Arthur winced in pain, leaning his head back slightly.

Francis was knelt in front of the tub beside Arthur, gently rubbing his shoulder. "You can do this, mon amour"

Arthur looked toward his husband with a weak smile, tears trickling down his face.

Francis cupped his cheeks and gently dried his tears. "Don't cry, my love. You can do this, I believe in you"

Arthur closed his eyes and leaned against Francis' hand. "I don't know what I would do if you weren't here for me right now"

Francis pressed his forehead against Arthur's. "I know, cheri, I know. You're doing fantastic. Just keep focusing on your breathing and listen to my voice" he whispered, gently running his fingers through Arthur's sweaty hair.

Arthur nodded, he pressed his hand against Francis' that settled on his face and held it. "I love you" he whispered.

Francis smiled and leaned over to give Arthur a kiss. "I love you too"

As much as Arthur loved his husband, the pain he was in was unbearable.

He squeezed Francis' hand with all his strength. "This is your bloody fault! You git!" he yelled.

Francis wasn't fazed at all though, knowing that it was just the pain talking. He simply rubbed Arthur's arm. "I know, I know, I'm a git, I'm sorry"

Arthur groaned in pain and tried to move around in the tub to adjust himself.

"Oh god.... I need to push" he groaned, slowly moving to sit on his knees in the tub, but his belly was too large to do so comfortably.

He leaned back and propped his legs on the sides of the tub, gripping onto each side with both hands.

He panted roughly and shakily, after several deep breaths, he began to push.

Francis rubbed his shoulder, looking into the water to watch the baby's progress.

"You're doing great, mon amour, you're doing great" he encouraged softly.

Arthur bit down hard on his bottom lip as he pushed, stopping after a few seconds to catch his breath, he panted heavily and leaned his head to the side, he was already so tired after being in labor for the past few hours.

Francis moved to the back of the tub so he could watch the baby's progress better.

"Catch your breath, amour. You're doing so well. I can see a little of the head"

Arthur smiled weakly at that, after catching his breath, he adjusted himself a bit and began to push again, this time, however, he did it a bit differently.

He closed his eyes and tried his hardest to relax, after he felt calmer, he took slow, deep breaths in between each push, which helped him not use so much energy.

Using this method also helped him not be in so much pain.

Francis was so proud of him, he watched in amazement as a tiny bit of blonde hair began to emerge between each push.

After a few minutes, Arthur gasped and his breathing sped up a bit, the baby's head had finally reached full crown.

Francis stood up and leaned over the tub to help catch the baby. "That's it, you're doing so wonderful, amour. You're so close" he encouraged.

He reached into the water and gently cupped the baby's head, with a gentle tug along with Arthur's final pushes, the baby finally slipped out and into the water and Francis pulled the baby up.

The baby cried and wailed loudly, Francis smiled brightly and handed the baby boy over to the exhausted mother.

Arthur cried softly and cradled the baby boy to his chest. "Oh, ohh, oh Francis, just look at him"

The baby's cries settled down soon after being placed on Arthur's chest.

Francis kissed the side of Arthur's head. "I'm so very proud of you, mon amour" he said softly.