Titans and babies

It isn't easy having to balance being the captain of an entire camp meant to train people to fight giant, cannibalistic monsters and a husband, but it's definitely not easy adding being a future father to that mix.

26 year old Levi Ackerman is actually managing this quite well, he's the captain of the Freedom's Wings, a special camp that trains soldiers to fight against the Titans, giant, dangerous cannibalistic monsters that are near impossible to kill unless you know what you're doing.

Not only that, he's married to 23 year old Eren Jeager, who is currently nine months pregnant with their first child.

Naturally, given the type of person Levi is, as soon as he discovered that his husband was pregnant, he refused to allow him to do any more training, much to Eren's dismay, but, he accepted it nonetheless.

Now at nine months pregnant, Eren was pretty much told to stay on bedrest for the remainder of his pregnancy, Eren couldn't understand why Levi was so overly protective of him.

Thankfully, a few months before, the Titans had been driven deep into the woods and the wall surrounding the cities had been reinforced with stronger materials, so, Levi had nothing to worry about, yet, he still insisted that Eren stay in their home at all times.

"Levi, the Titans have been pushed back deep into the woods and the walls are being reinforced, you don't have anything to worry about" Erwin had said at one point.

"Even so, as a husband and a soon to be father, it is my job to keep Eren and our baby safe, Eren means everything to me, I care about him more than I've ever cared about anyone else" Levi explained.

Early one morning, Levi was getting ready to leave for the day, dressed in his uniform, he sat on the edge of his and Eren's bed while he was asleep, he gently caressed his face and weaved his fingers through Eren's hair, causing him to stir and slowly open his eyes.

He smiled at Levi. "Morning" he said softly and yawned, then moved Levi's hand to rest on his abdomen.

Levi smiled back at him. "Good morning, how are you and the baby doing?" he asked, caressing Eren's stomach.

Eren was about to say something when he suddenly winced in pain and closed his eyes, letting out a soft breath. "We're pretty good" he reassured, brushing off the faint but sharp pain he had felt.

Levi had almost immediately noticed Eren wincing, even the slightest. "Are you ok?" he asked.

Eren nodded before wincing in pain again, letting out a soft groan before exhaling again. "Yeah, I'm fine" he reassured.

"Was that a contraction?" Levi asked, now becoming concerned.

"I don't think..." Eren was cut off from his sentence by a particularly hard pain, causing him to jolt forward quickly and clutch at his pregnant abdomen. "Ahh!" he cried, gripping Levi's hand.

"You're in labor." Levi was surprisingly calm at the moment, squeezing Eren's hand gently, he helped him sit up and gently kissed his head.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine, I'm here" he reassured, ruffling Eren's hair.

Eren was surprised and greatful that Levi was so calm about everything, but then again, it wasn't much of a surprise considering Levi never panicked during a stressful situation, he was always calm and collected.

For the next few hours, Eren goes through his labor, it progresses at a nice pace, not too quickly and not too slowly.

At one point, Levi gently rubs Eren's head. "I'll be right back, ok? I need to get some water" he stood up and was about to walk outside but Eren stopped him, experiencing a particularly bad contraction.

"Don't go" he said softly.

"Don't worry, I'll be right back" Levi soothed, kissing his knuckles, Levi went outside to get some water from the well, when he came back, Eren wasn't in bed, which caused a great deal of concern for Levi.

"Where the hell did he go?" he said to himself.

"Levi!" Eren yelled. Levi quickly ran toward Eren's voice to find him knelt down on the bathroom floor in a puddle of fluids.

Levi knelt down in front of him. "Eren" he said softly, gently holding him to his chest to help him to his feet.

"I needed to use the bathroom" Eren groaned, gripping Levi's shirt.

"It's ok, your water broke. Just breathe, everything will be ok" Levi soothed, gently walking with him out of the bathroom, Eren suddenly froze, gripping Levi's hand tightly.

"Levi.... I think the baby's coming" he winced.

"Easy, easy, let's get you to bed" Levi said softly, trying to encourage Eren to walk a bit more.

"It really hurts" Eren winced, tightly shutting his eyes.

"Shhh, it's ok, just relax, you'll be ok" Levi whispered soothingly, helping Eren settle back down in bed, Eren sat up with a pillow behind his back.

Eren groaned and gripped onto the sheet covering him. "Ah! I need to sit up" he winced

"Why are you moving around so much, Eren? You should try to relax and sit still" Levi watched as his husband moved around in bed to get comfortable.

"Push! I need to sit up and push!" Eren exclaimed, gripped onto his knees.

"Eren, you need to sit still, stop moving around so much" Levi said in more concern than anger.

"Eren, please. What are you trying to do?" he asked, annoyed with Eren's stubbornness.

"Push, dammit! I have to push!" Eren cried, Levi's eyes widened.

Reluctantly, he raised the sheet up from over Eren's legs and his face went pale, Eren was already trying to deliver their baby, his hands began to shake when he saw a tiny tuft of dark hair emerging.

My hands, they've taken so many lives, yet they're still trembling. I get it now, I'm helping to bring a life into the world.

"Eren, you can do this! I need you to push as hard as you can, ok? I can see the head" Levi smiled at Eren as he encouraged him to push.

After several minutes, Eren was already exhausted, he closed his eyes and panted, Levi gently wiped his sweaty face with a cold cloth.

Eren panted heavily. "Eren, look at me. You're doing so amazing, you're so strong and beautiful. Our baby is almost here." Levi said with a warm smile.

Eren looked at him with exhausted eyes. "Here, give me your hand" Levi gently took Eren's hand and guided it to the baby's crowning head.

Eren gasped softly under his breath as he caressed a head of hair.

"That's our baby, Eren. You're so close. Just one more big push, ok?" Levi gently rubbed Eren's knuckles with his thumb.

Eren nodded, taking a moment to take a deep breath, then he began to push again.

With that last hard push, their baby was born, Levi caught her in his arms and held her for Eren to see.

"Look, Eren. You did it. She's beautiful" he said with a smile, looking down at their daughter, he then looked up at Eren, who had his eyes closed.

"Eren?" he asked softly.

Eren stirred and opened his eyes. "Yeah?" he asked.

Levi sighed a breath of relief and handed Eren the baby girl, Eren smiled down at her.

"She's beautiful" he said softly. Levi nodded and kissed the side of Eren's head.

"I'm proud of you" he said softly, caressing their baby's cheek